BowFishing Country banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this posted on the seelite forum, doesn't look like much activity on that forum.

I want to know hom much light the seelite 100 watt hps throw from the boat? Also want to hear if guys are seeing much difference from HPS leds and HPS bulb lights. I currently have light bars but come across alot of muddy water and need the HPS. I will be going with 14 maybe 16 100 watt hps led hps.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The reason you probably never got a response is that this subject has been beaten to death. Just search on this forum and you will get all the info you need. BTW hps put out the most light.

Welcome to bowfishing...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Everybody already knows that LEDs are the best, bottles are better than spinners, Oneidas aren't worth the money, flush decks are better than elevated, troller is the ONLY way to go, a Champion generator is better than Honda all day long, and glitter boats are better for killing fish than tin cans........but it's only legal to use them in Cali. :shh: Welcome aboard......I hope you like opinions! :laugh:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hps will give you a ton more light. There is no debate that a hps will put out more than an led. Is there anything wrong with an led, no. I've shot a lot of fish off led. With that being said for the price of a 100 watt see lite you can have a custom housing and digital ballast. 5 400s will cover any boat and then some

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the info, I have hued over HPS bulb lights and they are awsome. I just havent heard anyone that used the seelite 100 watt hps. Being it's a HPS led I wonder how it compares.

The whole reason for the change is the water I hunt is mud more times then not.. also I am tired of the line getting snagged on my light bars Mounted onder my rail

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Everybody already knows that LEDs are the best, bottles are better than spinners, Oneidas aren't worth the money, flush decks are better than elevated, troller is the ONLY way to go, a Champion generator is better than Honda all day long, and glitter boats are better for killing fish than tin cans........but it's only legal to use them in Cali. :shh: Welcome aboard......I hope you like opinions! :laugh:
How dare you!

Seelite has a forum? Wtf?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thank you for the info, I have hued over HPS bulb lights and they are awsome. I just havent heard anyone that used the seelite 100 watt hps. Being it's a HPS led I wonder how it compares.

The whole reason for the change is the water I hunt is mud more times then not.. also I am tired of the line getting snagged on my light bars Mounted onder my rail
I'm running (8) 100w HPS Seelites, fishing muddy water usually and love them. That being said, an actual HPS bulb will have a farther throw of light and generally penetrate a little deeper.

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
...somebody say azzholes?:laugh:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that is what i was looking to find out, i contacted seelite to see if they ever compared the HPS led to the HPS bulb. All i got was a one sentence answer saying NO. was hopping they may have done a comparison. :headbang:

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you are looking for paper data that says in such and such water a hps bulb goes 6" deep in the water and casts a 45 foot radius.....you're gonna have a bad time.

Heres part of why. Does a 100 watt light put out the same amount of light as a 400. I'll pause while you answer that for yourself.

No.....no it doesn't. Will it work for you with 100 vs 400? That depends. How muddy is your water, how fast do you travel when you shoot, do you like to shoot 40 feet or 20, elevated or not, do you need to run silent, how is your nightvision, do you have to see a fish perfectly outlined 1 foot down or will a slightly shadowed figure be good enough?

Theres a mulititude of questions, and I could keep that list going. I dont mean to sound like an ass. I really don't. However what you are asking for is so highly personalized and changed with water clarity, personal preferance, boat setup, spooky fish or stupid fish needs......... No one can legitimately answer what you are asking. Thats why half the guys on here have built 10 boats and changed out the lights a dozen times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts