BowFishing Country banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After bending the shaft on my almost brand new tohatsu - I'm going to deal with the extra weed build up and get me a rock guard. Any recommendations on what i should get?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have the Roch Hopper motor guard. It is about $40-50 cheaper to order directly from them, than to buy it from Cabelas. Takes about 10 min to install

https://youtu.be/eVfyIVozuM8
how do you like that guard? I feel like this would be great when fishing over a rock bottom but would stop you in mud. I normally run my kicker with the prop nearly completely under the mud for hours. there isnt any paint at all on the bottom of my kicker

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I have the Roch Hopper motor guard. It is about $40-50 cheaper to order directly from them, than to buy it from Cabelas. Takes about 10 min to install

https://youtu.be/eVfyIVozuM8
Best kicker protection money can buy. End of discussion.

Only downfall is it doesn't care for mud or weeds. But if you want to keep your kicker in one piece while bouncing over rocks or boulders, this is the ticket.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
how do you like that guard? I feel like this would be great when fishing over a rock bottom but would stop you in mud. I normally run my kicker with the prop nearly completely under the mud for hours. there isnt any paint at all on the bottom of my kicker
Only fished on a kicker one time with one and to me the rockhopper guard was like a plow and would dig up the bottom just ahead of the prop and the prop would blow back the debris, could see the groove in the bottom behind the kicker looked just like a plowed field in the bottom

·
Registered
314 Posts
Drags in the mud a bit but so wound your motor skeg. It does however snag every weed you can imagine and needs to be cleared from time to time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts