BowFishing Country banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new rig this weekend. It has Halos with a genny. I really could use a or some running lights (to light up the area so I can see) type of running light, not the red/green type.
Suggestions? Links if you have them.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Driving lights are what you are after. There is a very extensive thread on driving lights. I highly recommend the brightest ones you can afford!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Make sure you only use them in short periods. Against the law to have any lights on while on plane but have yet to meet any officers thar will give you a ticket if using them in short blasts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the HID's give you a good beam spread or would you be better to have 60W LED's?

Thanks Delawareriver- I would have a hard time running our part of the Mississippi without some solid lighting. It can get skinny, stumpy and windy.. just hard to see. The upside is we are not bothering people or houses ect. But that is good to know.

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
Do the HID's give you a good beam spread or would you be better to have 60W LED's?

Thanks Delawareriver- I would have a hard time running our part of the Mississippi without some solid lighting. It can get skinny, stumpy and windy.. just hard to see. The upside is we are not bothering people or houses ect. But that is good to know.
I run two spot and two flood 55 watt HID

http://bow.fishingcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?70769-Let-s-talk-driving-lights

And 55 watt HID Golight on cage.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,102 Posts

Don't get me wrong I use lights sometimes even leave them on in some areas but I do so knowing I can get a ticket for it. Worth the risk to help me get the people on my boat, myself and my boat back to the launch safely at the end of the night. Just wanted to give you a heads up

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
In my opinion me, my group, and my equipments safety>than the chance I might get a ticket.
I would much rather have to deal with a small fine and minor inconvenience than a tree thru the side of the boat or running up on someone at night with no lights (you'd be surprised at how many people around here will go out at night without any lights) and if you come up on another boat slow down and cut the driving lights

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Im currently running 2-20" light bars. One would prolly work fine but I bought them as a pair so why not. They don't draw much power and have been GTG so far this year. Most everywhere I fish, I run using channel or waterway markers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think that light bar would be fine. A couple of things to consider.. I would look to see if there is a wiring harness included and also a switch. One problem I ran in to on my light bar was that it's always drawing power. A simple change of the light switch should fix that. While your looking at amazon do a search for Auxbeam. They generally have higher ratings but may be a bit more money.
Good luck..
CD

·
Registered
142 Posts
Make sure you only use them in short periods. Against the law to have any lights on while on plane but have yet to meet any officers thar will give you a ticket if using them in short blasts
I know they are illegal to run at night but I have some little 3 inch driving lights (flea bay specials) and when I got stopped by the game warden his only remark was thanks for turning them off and stopping when he hit the lights.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Have any of you had experience with these? Guessing by the price, they are the china ones. but the price is low if you can even get a year or so out of them?? BUT I have not dealt with these before.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorbike-Motorcycle-Excavator-Bulldozer-Courtyard/product-reviews/B00KQXKG46/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_paging_btm_2?showViewpoints=1&pageNumber=2
not far off from what I have. I'd go for it. Spent more on less personally.

As as for a harnes and a switch. They came with mine and I never used any of it. Harness was too short and I have switches on my dash I wired them into.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts