BowFishing Country banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rut is kicking in... let's see those game cam pictures of your "hit list" bucks.

My favorite time of the year beside spawn.

Rut is kicking in... last two weeks of bow season before gun season here in Missouri and the bucks are getting stupid chasing a little.

Let's see those game came pictures of your "hit list" bucks.

Here are a few of ours - Good luck to everyone and post your pics of your "hit list buck" when you get him too!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Here ya go, one of our little scrub bucks....lol

Deer Nature Wildlife Antler Terrestrial animal

Organism Adaptation Deer Terrestrial animal Wildlife

Hand Finger Photography Jeans

Organism

Wildlife Deer Terrestrial animal Organism Tail

#1 on our hit list,figure him at 16-20+ pts he has drop tines and every way you look at him he has kickers and stickers, pretty much main frame 10 with every point on right side split and a gross score booner, (we think) but only pics are at nite 2am and hard to tell what could happen with gun season in couple weeks, but has already proved he has what it takes to survive quit a few hunting seasons

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^^^ STUD

Congrats

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Well he's still alive and killable......

Tree Trunk Wood Woody plant Plant

Tree Wood Trunk

Wood Wall Geology Rock Tree

Organism Photography Stock photography Gecko Still life photography

Had him on camera twice yesterday in shooting time

Hunted tonite with bow was using Code Blue doe estrus and had close encounter right at dark, think might have been this big one but had 3 bucks come in at same time and squared off grunting and started fighting, was dark and just out of bow range, sat in stand until they cleared out and climbed down without major spooking them

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My favorite time of the year beside spawn.

Rut is kicking in... last two weeks of bow season before gun season here in Missouri and the bucks are getting stupid chasing a little.

Let's see those game came pictures of your "hit list" bucks.

Here are a few of ours - Good luck to everyone and post your pics of your "hit list buck" when you get him too!
Big 9 went down yesterday. Buddy of mine dropped him at base of tree with a spine shot from his Mathews.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Jesus Garp,that last one would haunt my dreams!
That one is haunting me, all those pictures are him on my sons stand actually, had him 11/4 twice in evening and saturday morning 11/5 on trail cam and hunted past Saturday evening and is the only buck that I plan on shooting. I had a shot at a super stud buck similar to that years ago on that farm and had a muzzleloader misfire....but think he may have been one of the Bucks around me this past Saturday nite. We aren't pressuring that buck and plan to hunt it this week and weekend again, but daytime pics in shooting light is promising, but always amazes me how they can grow that big and survive all those years with all the heavy hunting pressure we have where we hunt, but is by far the biggest deer have ever seen on camera at our farm

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
That one is haunting me, all those pictures are him on my sons stand actually, had him 11/4 twice in evening and saturday morning 11/5 on trail cam and hunted past Saturday evening and is the only buck that I plan on shooting. I had a shot at a super stud buck similar to that years ago on that farm and had a muzzleloader misfire....but think he may have been one of the Bucks around me this past Saturday nite. We aren't pressuring that buck and plan to hunt it this week and weekend again, but daytime pics in shooting light is promising, but always amazes me how they can grow that big and survive all those years with all the heavy hunting pressure we have where we hunt, but is by far the biggest deer have ever seen on camera at our farm
Thats the truth!Never ceases to amaze me...I have an absolute monster right now on our place,that disappeared and showed up in town,the last three years.He cross's two major highways on the norm,and every poacher in two counties knows about him.....I couldnt find him during season....it closed last week,and he appeared Tuesday

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
So did Garp.....lol came off our DE farm that our main woods got 100% bulldozed for crop field,justhave a very little piece left like 5 acres and lucky to get deer close enough to shoot,was 125yds with muzzleloader on DE gun opener
Deer Roe deer Deer hunting Grass Wildlife

Been sitting MD farm with big one on it,got in Saturday at 1pm, bucks were running, had a BIG shooter 8pt at 15yds literally seconds after climbed up in stand but xbow was still on ground on haul line....:headbang::headbang: the 8 pt looked like the Big 8 to right of the big one in middle when got this pic late August when we're in velvet

Deer Wildlife Terrestrial animal Woodland Nature reserve

Actually think was this buck, checked trail camera yesterday 11/15 and the real BIG one is still running and had pic of the big 8
Deer Wildlife Darkness Room Fawn

Chasing does....11/15
Wildlife Darkness Deer Black-and-white Night

saw 9 other different bucks SaturdY were running and chasing hard but no shooters.

Sat again yesterday had Sunday bow hunt in MD and had steady deer action but only saw 1 lil Spike and a bunch of does....

Tree Forest Tire Woodland Biome

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Saw this one walking along major highway yesterday, was crossing front lawn of a Church and walked across their driveway before dropping into creek bottom, was in a trance and oblivious to us 10 feet away, took video if Mud still has it and knows how to imbed it could post it up, was pretty cool did a U turn when saw him.....was 11:45am on 11/17

Windshield Vehicle door Vehicle Tree Glass

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Brother in Law killed this 8pt on MD gun opener today

Deer hunting Deer Reindeer Trophy hunting Hunting

Antler Deer Horn Grass Wildlife

Had goofed up hooves also....
Hand

Was on hit list since showed up in 2014 and was a spike last year and grew into an 2 1/2y.o 8pt, been seen by a lot of people and talk local about being on everyone's hit list.....

Pic from 2014 as a button buck
Dalmatian Non-Sporting Group Snout Sky Canidae

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.