BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0303-2.JPG
While working last week I stumbled across a guy's storage lot where he had 6-7 boats , 4 of which were Sea Arks. Long story short, this gentlemen was the only sea ark dealer in Virginia in the 80's and 90's. His business burned up in 1997 and he decided to get out of the business and brought his remaining unsold stock home where it has sat for 21 years. He let me make him an offer on 2 of them, a 2072 sunsport center console and a 1652 tunnel hull jon boat. The 2072 has a 115 Mariner on it and cleaned up pretty good. I am selling the 1652 in order to get the money to get the 2072 going. It was definitely a good grab. I will post more pics once I get it running and start adding lights and accessories. Should make a great ray boat.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
What year are they ????

Dang see that they were 1997 , Old Stock, 21 year old boats.... wow

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The 2072 looks like a great platform. I'll admit that I'm nosy, what are you into it for the way it sits now?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Good find, slap a kicker and some sodiums on that thing and leg it rip

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got both boats for $4500. Exactly.what I got out of my 1760 Fisher Bass boat the week prior. The sunsports listed for $21k in 1997. The 1652, which hasn't changed since then, goes for around $4700 now.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One is a 1560 "crappie" model with stick steer and the other was their deck boat model called a suntastic. It is the same hull as the 2072 center console it just had pontoon boat seats. The interior is completely rotted away. Neither has a motor. I am going to gut and sell that one once I buy it and keep the crappie boat to fresh water hunt and fish out of.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
View attachment 237517
While working last week I stumbled across a guy's storage lot where he had 6-7 boats , 4 of which were Sea Arks. Long story short, this gentlemen was the only sea ark dealer in Virginia in the 80's and 90's. His business burned up in 1997 and he decided to get out of the business and brought his remaining unsold stock home where it has sat for 21 years. He let me make him an offer on 2 of them, a 2072 sunsport center console and a 1652 tunnel hull jon boat. The 2072 has a 115 Mariner on it and cleaned up pretty good. I am selling the 1652 in order to get the money to get the 2072 going. It was definitely a good grab. I will post more pics once I get it running and start adding lights and accessories. Should make a great ray boat.

I finally got the boat back from the mechanic. The boat acronym "break out another thousand" was correct, but it was worth it for the work I had done and the piece of mind in knowing that it was done correctly. I got a kicker bracket mounted and was also able to find a "new" old stock 2004 Honda 8hp outboard with controls that reach my existing console, power trim tilt and a factory warranty for $1100. I was very happy to get a fairly modern four stroke with a three year warranty. The only thing left to do is mount a steering system. Has anyone ever used one of the steering brackets that cabellas sells, the "auxillary motor connector" or the "EZ steer system"? They seem to have pretty good reviews and either motor can be in the up position when the other is being used. Let me know if anyone has any personal experience with either product or knows of another one to try.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts