BowFishing Country banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Those connecting rods run off your main motor steering, are you planning on having someone running the motor from the console while fishing? I rigged my kicker with push pull and love it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Those connecting rods run off your main motor steering, are you planning on having someone running the motor from the console while fishing? I rigged my kicker with push pull and love it.
Yes. Since I am usually bringing kids or first time shooters I usually just worry about the driving and leave the deck open to the shooters. Also my controls only just reach the console and I am not going to spend any additional money to extend them at this point and I am not going to mount a stick steer on the side of my console. I mainly fish rays and we usually troll a little faster than most so I like the idea of a standard steering wheel and throttle assembly. I was really hoping that someone had actually used one of those two products and could give me a heads up. Maybe someone will pipe up.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
29425427_2065123783776838_5144059202020311040_n.jpg

I use the Ezy-Glide on my current setup. It's nice and was a breeze to setup but my next boat will be push pull. As a shooter and driver it can be difficult to steer and run the throttle with one hand, not impossible but it takes some finesse. I did get the 870 model hoping it would less travel from lock to lock but it was not the case, It was still right at 180 degrees of motion.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Only Problem from steering from the console is you cant really see whats in front of you. For example if someone on the front see's a fish they want to shoot at they have to relay to you where the fish is so you can take them to it. Also you cant see hazards that may be under the water in front of you.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Only Problem from steering from the console is you cant really see whats in front of you. For example if someone on the front see's a fish they want to shoot at they have to relay to you where the fish is so you can take them to it. Also you cant see hazards that may be under the water in front of you.
This

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes. Since I am usually bringing kids or first time shooters I usually just worry about the driving and leave the deck open to the shooters. Also my controls only just reach the console and I am not going to spend any additional money to extend them at this point and I am not going to mount a stick steer on the side of my console. I mainly fish rays and we usually troll a little faster than most so I like the idea of a standard steering wheel and throttle assembly. I was really hoping that someone had actually used one of those two products and could give me a heads up. Maybe someone will pipe up.
kicker bracket.JPG
I got the kicker bracket made up and attached yesterday and the motor mounted up real well. I will run the wires and cables hopefully this weekend and will have two motors to break in this winter. Next it is on to lights.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I am going to make the switch from 12v to 120v. I am pricing LED's at the moment and looking at some of the "Briggs' tests. LED's should hang nicely from the stock grab rail going around the boat.

·
Registered
249 Posts
View attachment 237707
I got the kicker bracket made up and attached yesterday and the motor mounted up real well. I will run the wires and cables hopefully this weekend and will have two motors to break in this winter. Next it is on to lights.
looks good! got anymore pics of the kicker bracket? is it a breakaway mount or solid mount?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I am pricing the Viugreums on ebay now. I will look up the 5stars before I buy anything. Thanks for the lead.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Be careful! The ebay Viugreums and the Amazon Viugreums ARE NOT the same. They are two different companies that as spelled different. The light that Gary tested and so many people like are the amazon viugreums

·
Registered
147 Posts
I didn't catch that before, thanks for heads up sodakslayer. baileyb that is going to be a sweet setup. Nice to see the updates.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Be careful! The ebay Viugreums and the Amazon Viugreums ARE NOT the same. They are two different companies that as spelled different. The light that Gary tested and so many people like are the amazon viugreums
There are some sellers on Ebay that are the same. Just need to be careful and double check. The ones on ebay that we ordered were sold by gxfcde

21 - 40 of 53 Posts