BowFishing Country banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
sea ark1.JPG se ark 2.jpg

I was finally able to pick up another one of the new "old" stock Sea Arks from 1995. It is a Crappie 150. It is set up for stick steer and a mercury outboard. Just need to find an appropriate sized trailer and start getting it cleaned up before I start outboard shopping. I really like the way this little boat is setup. It will be a good freshwater boat.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
View attachment 239131 View attachment 239133

I was finally able to pick up another one of the new "old" stock Sea Arks from 1995. It is a Crappie 150. It is set up for stick steer and a mercury outboard. Just need to find an appropriate sized trailer and start getting it cleaned up before I start outboard shopping. I really like the way this little boat is setup. It will be a good freshwater boat.
A 15hp Yamaha High thrust with front stick steer would be a sweet little bad ass kicker boat..... always wanted to do a boat like that where don’t need big motor for running far and normally just start fishing from the ramp

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
A 15hp Yamaha High thrust with front stick steer would be a sweet little bad ass kicker boat..... always wanted to do a boat like that where don’t need big motor for running far and normally just start fishing from the ramp[/

I agree that would be a great kicker motor but do you think it would plane that boat if I wanted to venture further out and wanted to get there a little quicker? I had a similar sized boat that a 9.9 wouldn't plane and there isn't much of a jump to a 15 in my experience.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
since there hasn't been much going on here lately I figured I would give a quick update. I found a 30hp Johnson with controls for the boat. I am waiting for the stick steer replacement cable to come in. I removed the floor and side panels and pulled the foam out and replaced it. I stripped the carpet and adhesive off the panels while I had it out. Whatever Sea Ark used for carpet and adhesive in the 90's was good stuff, it took a lot of elbow grease and chemicals to get it removed. I then put a bedliner on the inside and then an industrial gray paint overlay. I found out after the fact that herculiner sells a gray product. I wish I had known that before I started. I then put the seat compartments and live well back in. It was a shame the original seats had sat outside for 25 years, the were very nice Sea Ark monogrammed seats. Once I get some seats and the stick steer cable in I will get it on the water for a test run. boat 1.jpg boat 2.jpg boat 3.jpg boat 4.jpg

·
Registered
138 Posts
I hear ya about the adhesive that Sea Ark used. I just got done taking the carpet out of my 2072. After a lot of wasted money on chemicals that were pretty ineffective, it took many hours with a wire wheel to get that stuff off.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
1 boat.jpg 3 boat.jpg 4 boat.jpg
Short of some lights, which will come later in the spring, I was able to get the little boat wrapped up this weekend. Depth finder was installed. I was able to find a 80lb thrust trolling motor that should be more than enough for this little boat, and I took a shot at upholstery work in making a bench seat to cover the livewell. The ends look like a "wrapped Christmas present" but it saved me a lot of money and I think the fabric matched up fairly well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I have decided to add a troller on the front of the 2072 and have run into a puzzle. The boat came factory pre-wired for a trolling motor and has a compartment that is the right size to hold two batteries in the back of the boat. With the size of the boat I can only imagine the smallest setup would have been a 24volt trolling motor setup. The confusing part is in that compartment there is two "fused" positive cables(one red and one orange) and one black ground wire. There is also a loose jump wire laying in the compartment. In all the other 24v setups I have had I had one positive on one battery going to the outlet and one negative on the other going to the outlet with a jumper in between the two. Following the wires to the front, all three go into the outlet. Has anyone else ever seen a similar setup on the their pre-wired boats using two postive leads? Sea-Ark was of no help. They said the company had changed hands too many times through the years to have any idea as to how or why previous owners set boats up the way they did.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Could the other wire be intended as a 12 volt lead for a depth finder or something? If you hooked it the positive side of the same battery you hooked the negative lead to, that's what you would have.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Could the other wire be intended as a 12 volt lead for a depth finder or something? If you hooked it the positive side of the same battery you hooked the negative lead to, that's what you would have.
All three of those wires stay wrapped together all the way to the plug in the front for the trolling motor. I don't believe it is for a depth finder.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
this is a picture of the front of the boat where the three wires all pass through those large blue connectors and still remain together going right up into the area of the plug. The other wires are for the nav lights and the rocker switch that raises and lowers the outboard remotely from the front.
thumbnail_IMG_1622.jpg

·
Registered
237 Posts
Where are your batteries mounted for your trolling motor? Are those wires heavy enough to run the amperage draw of current model trolling motors? You may want to replace with heavier wiring anyway.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts