BowFishing Country banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
sea ark1.JPG se ark 2.jpg

I was finally able to pick up another one of the new "old" stock Sea Arks from 1995. It is a Crappie 150. It is set up for stick steer and a mercury outboard. Just need to find an appropriate sized trailer and start getting it cleaned up before I start outboard shopping. I really like the way this little boat is setup. It will be a good freshwater boat.

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
View attachment 239131 View attachment 239133

I was finally able to pick up another one of the new "old" stock Sea Arks from 1995. It is a Crappie 150. It is set up for stick steer and a mercury outboard. Just need to find an appropriate sized trailer and start getting it cleaned up before I start outboard shopping. I really like the way this little boat is setup. It will be a good freshwater boat.
A 15hp Yamaha High thrust with front stick steer would be a sweet little bad ass kicker boat..... always wanted to do a boat like that where don’t need big motor for running far and normally just start fishing from the ramp

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
A 15hp Yamaha High thrust with front stick steer would be a sweet little bad ass kicker boat..... always wanted to do a boat like that where don’t need big motor for running far and normally just start fishing from the ramp[/

I agree that would be a great kicker motor but do you think it would plane that boat if I wanted to venture further out and wanted to get there a little quicker? I had a similar sized boat that a 9.9 wouldn't plane and there isn't much of a jump to a 15 in my experience.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
since there hasn't been much going on here lately I figured I would give a quick update. I found a 30hp Johnson with controls for the boat. I am waiting for the stick steer replacement cable to come in. I removed the floor and side panels and pulled the foam out and replaced it. I stripped the carpet and adhesive off the panels while I had it out. Whatever Sea Ark used for carpet and adhesive in the 90's was good stuff, it took a lot of elbow grease and chemicals to get it removed. I then put a bedliner on the inside and then an industrial gray paint overlay. I found out after the fact that herculiner sells a gray product. I wish I had known that before I started. I then put the seat compartments and live well back in. It was a shame the original seats had sat outside for 25 years, the were very nice Sea Ark monogrammed seats. Once I get some seats and the stick steer cable in I will get it on the water for a test run. boat 1.jpg boat 2.jpg boat 3.jpg boat 4.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
I hear ya about the adhesive that Sea Ark used. I just got done taking the carpet out of my 2072. After a lot of wasted money on chemicals that were pretty ineffective, it took many hours with a wire wheel to get that stuff off.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
1 boat.jpg 3 boat.jpg 4 boat.jpg
Short of some lights, which will come later in the spring, I was able to get the little boat wrapped up this weekend. Depth finder was installed. I was able to find a 80lb thrust trolling motor that should be more than enough for this little boat, and I took a shot at upholstery work in making a bench seat to cover the livewell. The ends look like a "wrapped Christmas present" but it saved me a lot of money and I think the fabric matched up fairly well.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts