BowFishing Country banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halo/HPS
I have four 80watt led. The lake I'm fishing is pretty dirty. How much better will the hps work?
Also, can I switch chips and if so how much?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Best thing I can recommend is find someone local with 400w hps lights and put them side by side. Where are you located?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best thing I can recommend is find someone local with 400w hps lights and put them side by side. Where are you located?
I'm in michigan. Will LED hps work as good as regular hps? I want to changes out the lights is my Seelites.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
You comparing apples to oranges here. Look at the luman output on the lights you are inquiring about. That'll answer your question..

·
Registered
337 Posts
Another option(and cheaper) is to buy some amber colored tint on eBay, a few pieces of plexiglass at Lowes(they will cut it to your dimensions). Tint the plexi and replace the glass in your LED's with it. The tint will cut down on the glare from white light. Use plexi in case you don't like it, you can switch back in a few minutes. My suggestion is to NOT do a side by side test, the white light will overlap the tinted light and you will not get accurate results. JMO, it works for us...doesn't work for others.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I'll answer your question-NO, your LEDs will not be as bright as standard HPS lights. I run LEDs but I've come to terms with the reality there are brighter lights out there. LEDs have their own advantages though, so for me they fit the bill.

What one you go with is a decision only you can make.

I'm not sure if simply tinting your current lights will make much difference. It's a fairly cheap experiment though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure we are on the same page. I'm talking about changing the two 40 watt chips in my LED lights out with two 40 watt HPS chips. They will both be LED lights and will both be two 40watt chips. Seelight makes these different chips so I assume there is some difference. My question is how much of a difference?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a mixture of warm white/extra warm chips although there not seelite brand. The difference is pretty noticeable between the 2 different colors and the more hps colors defiantly work better in the murky water. The only thing I would be worried about is if you ever fish clear water the lights aren't nearly as clear. I was in the same boat as you and I just purchased and did half my lights and was happy with the balance I got out of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts