BowFishing Country banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am making the switch from 27 and 48 watt lights to (12) 50 watt Seelite led in hps color. I plan on using the same light rail I have but im looking for a little help on my wiring. I want something very clean, neat and waterproof as I can get it so I think I will go with 14/3 portable cable an wire the lights together parallel, cover all the wires with flexible non metallic conduit and have a junction box coming from each light and a receptacle on each side with two cords running to the back of the boat to plug into a 1000 watt Honda generator. Does anyone see a problem with this setup or have any better ideas. A picture of a similar setup would be of great help since this is the first time setting up a 120v set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
746 Posts
If it were mine I'd forget about a junction box for each light. I'd get 3 switches mounted in a small box or panel. Front lights on one switch, left side on another, and the right side lights on the third. It's nice to be able to shut off a side or front when you encounter a bank fisherman or a house. You can remove the back of the light and make a watertight connection inside the housing. Run all the whips to the appropriate switch and into one power supply to your genny. If you already have the 1000 Honda go with it, if not get a 2000. It will run quieter with less load and you'll have watts to spare down the road. Good Luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decided to go with 1/2" pvc to run my wires thru and used one junction box for every two lights, ran all lights together parallel together to one cord running straight to the generator. Extremely satisfied with the lights, rail needs some fabrication mods done but other than that sea trials went well

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts