BowFishing Country banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who is going to be the first guinea pig and try these out to see how the compare to the 50/80/100 watt lights that Seelite currently offers. Color seems to be great for murky water and the slim design is awesome but is it going to justify switching to these from the rest of the options out there.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Also interested

·
Registered
430 Posts
I like the idea of a quality warm white LED bar but the $650 for the 50" is too much IMO

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what i thought at first but when you breakdown the lumens/price its actually quite a bit cheaper to go this route.

Light Bar - 50000 lumens for $650
100 Watt Lights - 10000 lumens for $200

So your saving $350 and your saving the extra time of having to wire and mount 5 lights instead of 1 light bar.

·
Registered
968 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really wasn't trying to turn this into a HPS vs LED thread i think that subject has been beat to death enough times on here. On the plus side i just ordered a 10" bar to try out. Ill post some pictures and a review of it once it comes in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just got the bar in last night and so far I'm impressed although I haven't got it on the water yet. Packaging was great and the bar looks awesome. Right now I'm running custom fitz extra warm chips and the color is very similar. Hopefully after tonight I'll have some pictures and a review of the light on the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right now im running 8 of the Custom Fitz 50 watt in a mix of warm white and extra warm white. The Seelite 10" light bar is 100 watts. Was hoping to get out tonight so hopefully i will have a review in the morning.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
They definately look cool for sure. Wouldn't mind having a couple of those for driving lights.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got out on the water last night. Water was extremely muddy,wind was blowing, and the trolling motor decided to quit after a half hour. Overall im pretty happy with the light bar i think the best thing is the amount of coverage you get out of the bar. The color was almost identical to the extra warm chips maybe a tad darker and it cut through the water really well. At this point it wasn't a big enough difference for me to want to change everything over but if i had the cash and was building a boat it would be a great option with a lot less wiring and lower profile mounting.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
That's what i thought at first but when you breakdown the lumens/price its actually quite a bit cheaper to go this route.

Light Bar - 50000 lumens for $650
100 Watt Lights - 10000 lumens for $200

So your saving $350 and your saving the extra time of having to wire and mount 5 lights instead of 1 light bar.
That works fine if you're only lighting one side of the boat.....
Otherwise your spending $1950 for the same coverage as $600

1 - 15 of 15 Posts