BowFishing Country banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every,

i am sure this has been posted before on here but wanted to see what ever one weighs in at.

I have been thinking about adding a shooting deck on my boat. I currently am shooting off the deck of a 2072 seaark with a knee high light rail. I am thinking of keeping the rail the same height with a shooting deck on top with lights under it. Most of my hunting is done at night and i want to hear if its worth it, can you see further at night?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been shooting with a bottle and so have most of the guys. We have been killing fish but always wondered if we where up high if we could see some of those bigger fish that flea before we see them. From what i have read most guys shoot platforms for day time only, wanted to see if it helps at night.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
It's what you get used to I personally like being elevated don't have the bugs as bad when the lights are under your platform plus i can't stand being that close to me he water can't see as well.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Day shooting having a deck makes a huge difference, I haven't shot without one at night enough to tell but I'd imagine that it would be beneficial to be up higher just like day shooting

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
It makes a pretty big difference whether you day or night shoot. And I'd strongly recommend putting the lights under if you have any bugs around you parts:D

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
It most deff does make a diff at night.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the information, thier are a few guys around here that bowfish but not many are willing to talk with each other a out set ups.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well i have a steel elevated deck with a rail on each side. i think it is 6x6 if anyone wants to come to my house and get it for free. Took off my boat this past winter. Dont plan to ever use it on my new boat. I live in Hendersonville NC. Pm me if so. Paid like 400 bucks to get it built. i had it on a 1860 and a 2072 at different time.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I think it helps to be elevated at night also... sure if you are shooting over weak ass LED lights no big deal but more powerful lights that cast out farther its nice to be elevated to see those fish farther out before they take off...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you saltydawg, I will be switching over to100 watt seelites either halio, or hps. This year we have been hunting clear water, very uncommon in the susky in PA. Shooting deck I think will help kill some bigger fish that spoke efore we get up on them.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I've got a 14" deck on mine and I personally can't tell much of difference at night from when I shoot off another guy's boat with the same lights. During the day no doubt. I do like having the lights under my feet though.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Here is how I look at it... There is no disadvantage to raising a deck. Gives you more floor space if you tuck the lights under, the bugs stay lower, your angle on fish is better, and if you do any day fishing at all it helps a ton.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts