BowFishing Country banner

Shot a few Saturday Night...First Trip of 2011 GGG

6K views 68 replies 43 participants last post by  gargettingirl 
#1 ·
Had a good time Saturday night...am sick as a dog right now, but we got 41. Ten were good size grassies...where is a big 20 when you need one?! Shot something real big and strong, not completely sure what it was. Thought it was too good grass carp end to end...I said front and shot what I thought was the carp in front...but it was just one huge fish... LOL, whatever it was had all my line out in a split second almost jerked my bow outta my hand and pulled me down onto the deck before the arrow finally pulled out. Kevin had an arrow in it too and it pulled off his...banged my knee up pretty bad on the troller mount, I sure wish I had gotten a good look at the fish that kicked my butt...maybe next time!

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
LOL! I like that!!! Well, it will have two marks...one from me and one a little farther back from Kevin. LOL..we have shot some small gator gar in that area, so maybe it was mama...that is what Kevin and I think it might have been. I have had some fish pull me and even turn the boat a little, but I have never had one jerk me down, LOL...

#13 ·
yall should have.. me and my lil bro were out there with just a spot light and in about 30-45 minutes saw 150-200 fish and several were absolutely huge.. i know for sure one was a buffalo that would have went well over 50 and the other biggens were grassies that were about the size of the ones yall shot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.