BowFishing Country banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each trip we go out on we always brake off a slide stopper or two and its annoying because it sometimes ends up in losing an arrow. Is there a way that i can make them last longer? I looked around and saw that TRUGLO has one that looks pretty sturdy but it wraps around the arrow and that seems as if itd affect accuracy.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Simple solution shoot a spinner and tie to the back........

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Are you using AMS one???? We have never broken one, and all of us shoot retrievers......

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had the whole thing come off a couple times but mostly the rubber part coming off just leaving the screw.

·
Registered
462 Posts
That is odd...maybe you got a bad batch? Could understand one every once in a while if you're particularly rough on them, but never heard of anyone having a lot of problems with them. Maybe you got some smart fish taking them off and putting the screw back in just to mess with you.:D

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
We would have it happen when shooting in creeks and rocky areas. Turned the poundage down on the bows and only half draw the bow when the fish were shallow around rocks seemed to help. Also seen it with newbies when they can't remember to keep the slide stop up on the rest. I shoot a spinner now tie to the back and my couple team mates that still shoot a ams now to half draw or pass up fish on the rocks plus never put the stop the wrong way so we havnt had a stop break in a long time

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Yeah. It may be the saltwater messing with it or something
We shoot saltwater all time with no issues, like said unless someone shooting them with stop down and hitting the rest can't see enough force to pull out the line enough to break a slide,we shoot rays with slides and never had an issue, was wondering if we're cheap knockoff slides, I know of some made by "Allen" that were cheap foreign made ones and remember a notice years ago by AMS to the matter.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
You've got something else going on. Thousands of shots on arrows in my boat and I might replace a stop once a year. I shoot my bow at 52# and in the cattails quite a bit, even yanking arrows out of the roots I don't have issues with the slides breaking or the stoppers.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Or are the screws holding them tightened down to hard and splitting them causing them to break ???? They just need to be snug....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We shoot In about a foot of water at around 35# . We pull the arrows pretty hard out of the mud and oysters while we are moving. I guess we have to be more gentle or something

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Or are the screws holding them tightened down to hard and splitting them causing them to break ???? They just need to be snug....
X2^^^

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ive had that problem before.... my problem was over tightening the screw... only tighten to just before it starts to push on the rubber

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had my first broken one this weekend. The plastic was just split. It's several years old and I just figured they eventually must get brittle and crack. Luckily I have a few hope extra. Hope these last as long as the last one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Jepruitt80 likes to break slides and leave arrows all over the river for me to find. Luckily I'm a nice guy and he get's them back. :laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts