BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to do it, it's an new site now you know ?

·
Administrator
3,634 Posts
I like rings. I think they are stronger and they dont freeze up as bad to the arrow in very cold weather.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i figured someone would lol. ive always used slides but they do freeze up ill have to try slides like joe said. for some reason things tend to freeze when bowfishing in february in northern indiana

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just dry fire my bow at the fish, it makes me feel good cause I know I coulda had them for real, and it's kinda like "Catch and Release Bowfishing".

Post Script, be sure to have a good, tough bow for this. :D

·
Chainsaw Willy
12,026 Posts
When using a spinner such as a Muzzy I tie to the back of the arrow…but when using a retriever I use Rings…I like them better then slides because they don’t seem to clog up with mud near as bad.

·
Registered
896 Posts
when I first started bowfishing I used homemade slides. They worked decent but kinda a pain in the butt. Since then I have started using slides. They do seem to break easily though. I have never used rings though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
definitely tie to the back!!! wait... r we talkin bout tyin to the back of the boat or arrow????? i tie to the arrow haha

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm with Joe I Started using rings last year and really liked them. But I like slides also

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Shoot slides, interested in rings though. Any problems with them busting up the arrow from the ring hitting the stop screw?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts