BowFishing Country banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I’ve been interested in getting a small watercraft with the ease of loading into the back of my pickup. I am eyeing the 1240 lowe and the bass hunter ex. Will be used in ponds, shallow water, and small creeks with some current. I already have a 55# thrust troller that will do the pushing and pulling. Also this craft will most likely have 2 people in it, my son and I. Here are some specs on each…

1240 Lowe

Dimensions L x W x H: 141" x 56" x 15"

Weight
: 107 lbs

Weight Capacity - Person: 350 lbs
Weight Capacity - Person, Gear & Motor : 535 lbs
Maximum Horsepower: 10.0

Bass Hunter EX

Dimensions L x W x H
: 114" x 47" x 13"

Weight
: 135 lbs

Weight Capacity - Person: 460 lbs
Weight Capacity - Person, Gear & Motor : 550 lbs
Maximum Horsepower: 5.0

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had a 1232 that I used to fish and duck hunt from. I sold it before I got into bowfishing. I know you had to be pretty aware when standing up to shoot from a sitting position to keep it from rocking too much. I would think that the 1240 should be a little more stable.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
when in doubt get both. lol i think both have there advantages and disadvantages. my buddy Marshal and I started out on a boat a tad bit bigger then that 1240 it was wobbly but i have seen some stellar one man fishing operations on those little bass buddies in small ponds. obviously the 1240 will be more stable then bass buddy. so yeah i stick buy my decision to get both🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both would be nice, but I've been leaning towards the 1240. Not sure how stable it would be compared to the plastic boat, but my assumption would be less stable due to being a tad bit narrower and lighter. I've shot fish out of a 1236 before and it was doable with 2 adults.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Hum i figured boat would be more stable

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
my co- worker who has a bass buddy says the boat is way more stable then the bass buddy with 2 people. He said solo bass buddy all day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts