Discussion Starter #1
2011 BAA Spring Meeting

 Welcome

 Old Business

o Raise membership dues
o Affiliation of Clubs

 Sanctioning Fees for Club or Association
o $100 Club Membership fee
o 1-5 sanction tournaments $200- without affiliation 5 tournaments would cost $375
o 5 or more $300- without affiliation 8 tournaments would cost $600

 State Rep Reports:
o Read Chris Cass report that was emailed
o Jason Greer went over his progress with contacting existing state reps, and finding new state reps.
o New reps were brought up and members in attendance accepted

 State Rep List:
o PA Mark Fournier (Lipsmacker)
o MO- Tim Hunter
o MO- Dan Swearington
o TN- Eastern- Taylor Farrar
o TN- Jonathan Long (XR)
o TN- Western- LJ Planer
o WV- Rob Law
o WV- Dierk Stiefl (Riverrat)
o WV Scott Priesley
o KY- Andy Cardwell
o KY- Eastern KY- Joe Nichols
o OK- Randy Woodward
o OK- Dave Murphy
o IL- Chase Baker
o NC-Wes Trumbler(Military Rep)
o AZ- Dell Owens (DWO)
o AZ rep Tommy Warder is stepping down
o MT- Rick Russell (carpshooterI)
o MT- Warren Wiezel (carpcrazy)
o NE- Ron Anderson has not been able to be contacted
o NE- Rich Porter
o IA- Rich Porter
o TX- Central- Oldbaldguy
o TX- NE- Bubba Suggs
o TX- South- Charlie Ivy
o TX- Marty McIntire
o NJ- Glen
o NH- JOneida
o AL- Northern_ Cody Mohon
o AR- Paula Boudra
o CA- Jeffery20
o CN- Bill Terry
o DE- Steve Young
o FL- Capt Vic Davis
o GA- Mark Land
o GA- Greg Campbell
o GA- Kevin Bowen
o IN- Judd Hill
o MS- South Deriek Billiot
o MN- Brady Miller
o Ontario- Tony Stiller
o WY-
o WI- Chris Cass
o WA-
o VA- Scott Priesley

 State Rep duties have been updated and they are now required to sign a contract.

 State Reps will receive one free membership and t-shirt to give away per year.

 Discussed our status with IRS
o We were never set up as a non-profit organization. We were informed that the paper work was started but never finished. We are re-applying to finish being set up as a non-profit organization.

 Discussion of the raising of membership dues:
o We were asked by several members to discuss the raise in membership dues. Officers read emails from concerned members and members that were in attendance voted to keep everything the same.

 Lifetime Membership:
o It has been brought up several times to have payment options for the Lifetime Membership.
o It was voted on to try the following payment plan on a trail basis:
o Lifetime Membership is $500- this must be paid within 12 months of the first initial payment. There will be no refunds.
o This was proposed, seconded, and passed

 Memberships/Renewals
o New program is in place for memberships and renewals. Everything but stickers and membership cards will be emailed to members that has an email address on file.

 A member had made a request that financials be online for everyone to see
o This was brought to the membership, members present declined
o Anyone wanting to see this information can contact Lisa Dunkle and they will be sent to them. They may also look online at the Federal website.

 Motion was brought up to bring back the BAA t-shirts
o Motion was accepted and shirts will be available on Bowfishing Country with paypal as an option to pay.
o Shirts will sell for $12 plus shipping
o Stickers will be $2.50 (price includes shipping)

 Mike McCombie made a motion to re-organize the BAA Board of Directors.
o This motion consisted of removing state representatives from the Board.
o The motion was made that the Board of Directors consist of: President, Vice President, Secretary Treasurer, BAA Rep Manager, Marketing Director, Points Chairman, E-journal editor & chief, social networking director and Record and Citation Officer.
o The reason for this motion is that is easier to contact these 9 people with issues that need attention, than it is to try and contact every state rep plus officers.
o The motion was seconded and passed.

 With the new Board of Directors being passed, new positions were created and filled as follows:
o Rep Manager: Jason Greer
o Marketing Director: Charles Kulper
o Citation/Record Officer: Aaron Senn
o E-journal Editor & Chief:
o Social Networking:

 Amanda Nichols was named as the new Points Chairman
o Amanda will handle the sanctioned events, insurance coverage, certificate mail outs and points counting

 All 2010 points were lost. Membership that was present voted to just take the loss of points for 2010 and start all new points for 2011.
o Options were to try and contact and try to re-cover lost information or to start fresh

 Question was brought up: Are you allowed to be a member of a Board of another national bowfishing organization.

o No- It is written in the By-Laws that a board member may not be on the board of any other national bowfishing organization.

 Discussion on banning Ed Devries
o All problems and accusations that Ed has made were brought up, gone over and answered. All accusations were false.
o The motion was brought up to ban him from the BAA
o Members in attendance voted to leave his membership as current member.

 E-journal will go out after The Bowfisher magazine is mailed out

 Motion was made to form a committee to join forces to help with the Asian Carp problems.

o We will look into contact information for this and see if there is anything we can do to help.

 Motion was brought up to let the World Championship dates be changed
o This was discussed thoroughly but majority voted to leave it the 4th weekend in July.

 Motion to adjourn.

·
Administrator
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
--- On Wed, 2/23/11, ed devries <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: BAA renewal packet
To: "Lisa Dunkle" <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 2:33 PM

Hey Lisa;

Could you please refund my membership fee and drop me from membership. I have some friends in Indiana who let me know thru the grapevine that I and my membership was a topic of conversation at the meeting with many board members wanting to remove me from the club.

As that is the case, I really dont wish to be a member.

Thank you;

Ed DeVries

--- On Mon, 2/21/11, Lisa Dunkle <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: BAA renewal packet
To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Date: Monday, February 21, 2011, 8:45 PM

Dear Member,

Thank you for renewing your membership to the Only National Bowfishing Organization in the Country. We are very pleased that you have decided to continue your support The forms included within this e-mail are here for your convenience from officer information to citation fish rules and forms to fill out. The Jr. Bowfishermen forms are included for your children as they pursue different species, as well as the adults. If you have any questions please feel free to contact one of the officers or state representatives. My number is 479-280-9805, and e-mail address is [email protected]. Again, Thank You!

If you subscribed to The Bowfisher as part of your membership package, the magazine publishes about every other month. The first issue should be going out within a week.

Sincerely,

Lisa Dunkle Sec/Treasurer

resignation from the BAA
TO: 1 More1 recipientCC: 5 recipientsYou + 4 MoreBCC: recipientsYou
Hide Details FROM:mark lee TO:[email protected] CC:lisa dunkle jason greer mark lee amanda Nichols alan yedor jr. Message flagged Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:02 PM

ed,
As per your request, your resignation has been accepted by the Board of Directors of the BAA.

No further correspondence is necessary.

Mark w. Lee
President, BAA

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I'm confussed. This thread say's it is minutes from the 2011 spring meeting but say's it was 2 weeks ago. Shouldn't this be from the 2012 meeting?

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts
I think there is a mistake Mark....

MT- Rick Russell (carpshooterI)
MT- Warren Wiezel (carpcrazy)

Those are Michigan state reps.

Also, I am the Montana State Rep last I checked.

Thanks,

Brady

·
Administrator
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that's jason greer's dept....he has the list and responsible for the people in those positions.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts