BowFishing Country banner
1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soil Grass Tree Land lot Plant

well, most people have cool and exciting photos to share of the boat builds, a trailer full of materials or new gadgets. Mine, not so much. my shop is about 400 feet away from my electrical service. I have ran new cables and installed the panel in the barn, working on getting it up to the house. I have a old service, lights dim when I kick on the table saw. needless to say I couldn't weld a fart to a rainbow with the power I have.. soooo... here we go

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Look into doing LED lights in your shop, the price has really dropped and pretty cheap to convert regular fluorescent lights to LED, I built a 40x50 shop last year and put in LED from the start and love it and frees up a lot of power demand for lighting, and if not heated in shop, no running dim when cold or buzzing or humming they come right on...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advise, I will look into them. I currently have a bunch of T8 housings hung up and a 400 hps in the middle. some dark spots in the shop tho.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Menards has some really cheap deals on whole led fixtures and just bulbs... But you can get LED T8 bulbs on amazon and other online stores alot cheaper than lowes or HD and all you have to do is cut the ballast out. There's alot of youtube videos on it. Good luck! I'm working on insulating my shop as we speak lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not a whole bunch of progress. 400 amp service panel is done, they should be coming to hook it up this week. I installed some led lighting in the shop and wired up 2 welder plugs, picked up a Lincoln 200 mig machine. and last but not least, picked up material. had some buddies come over and help move everything in Floor Wood Table Hardwood Flooring did a little beer tab shootin afterwards.

lookin forward to getting this rollin

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea I installed the FEIT 10,000 lumen light bulb from menards in my standard light sockets.. WOW.. need sun glasses. Its been a lengthy project getting to this point but looking forward to whats to come

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Metal Steel Wood Aluminium Floor Floor Wood Steel Metal Architecture
Both of my sides are cupped in certain areas and overly flat in others. about the only thing I can think of is clamping some 2x2 to the sides and tacking it until I have everything in place. Any other suggestions..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looking things over, somewhere I have put the hull in a bind, I have a 1/2" gap in several places. sooooo.. back to square one. im going to release the braces and see what happens. im guessing it happened when I set the side width. hopefully atleast, that would be a easy fix. anyone else run into this? Wood Pipe Floor

1 - 20 of 197 Posts