BowFishing Country banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking of some thoughts on using a small surface drive for a kicker on a new boat I'm picking up. The lakes and the back water of the rivers get pretty choked out around here.
I have the ability to build one and was think around a 12-17 hp on with a electronic PTO. I currently have a 31hp Surface drive on my boat, and at idle it cruises around just fine and does not seem to scare fish, but I can throttle up to get through the nasty stuff. Anybody ever do this. And of course I would put remote steering on it and control it from the front.
I don't want to keep cleaning of weeds and being worried about sucking in dirt or hitting logs. That why I'm thinking about it
Thoughts?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll draw the whole thing up in 3D and have all the file for the local laser fab shop can cut them and break press them for me. I'll do the welding and assemble this will be a winter project but will keep you posted on the progress.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I ordered a short tail kit on alibaba. The thing needs a lot of rtv to seal it to the motor. The shipping will probably cost more than the kit. Electric start is a must.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts