1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Most banned BFC member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
878 Posts
awesome thats what i'm talk'in about keep them on the water and in the woods. For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. Randy

·
Registered
575 Posts
Took out my friend and his 8 year old son this past summer.Junior got his first one on his first trip,his dads still trying after 4 trips out.

Attachments

·
Most banned BFC member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
298 Posts
Its threads like this that makes me wish we had a like button. This is what its all about guys. Keep them coming

·
Registered
298 Posts
My boys first deer hunt age 4
a buddy's son and his friend last year
and buddy's son opening day this year

·
Registered
977 Posts
Those are great. Hats off to everyone that takes a kid. I can't wait untill mine can go as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to bring up a 3 week old post. But this fits the title.

These were take a few years ago when we actually had water in the Des Moines River.
04-18-10_1540.jpg
His first fish he caught by himself out of the river.

08-22-10_1912.jpg
He wanted to see what these new strange carp felt like. He had never seen me shoot one of these before that day.

And this one was taken this January during deer season.
565357_4673807176959_1969444674_n.jpg
Poor guy had a long day. Got up at 5 am with me to go out bow hunting. When we got to the ground blind it was just before day break but didn't see anything all morning. So he still wanted to go back out with me later that after noon. So we made it back to the blind around 2:45 so we had plenty of daylight left before they would come our way, hopefully anyway. We did see a deer about a hundred yards away but it never got close enough. He was out by 3:20 or so. But stayed warm enough to take about an hour nap. Never saw anything else that day. But he had a good time and finished the season with me until he had to go back to school from Christmas break.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
My 4 year old asks me every time I get a new bow if it's for him so he can go bowfishing with me. I took my neighbors kid to our little lake and shot a bunch of turtles the other night I bet I heard this is so awesome a hundred times

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 4 year old asks me every time I get a new bow if it's for him so he can go bowfishing with me. I took my neighbors kid to our little lake and shot a bunch of turtles the other night I bet I heard this is so awesome a hundred times
:laugh:
Good thing my son isn't gonna read this. We have 3 turtles as pets.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They eat up my bass and bream so they gotta die!!!!!
Yep. Gotta get rid of them bass killers. Don't blame ya there.

We all were out catfishing one day and I had my bow just in case any carp swam too close. Well one did and just as I released the arrow it got spooked and swam away. Missed it but... Wound up hitting a softshell in the back. Must of been what spooked the carp. Luckily it didn't hit any part of his muscles or guts. Just the edge of the shell between the front and rear legs. When my son seen what it was he started to tear up and asked if we were gonna kill it. Of course not son, I said. I am gonna let it go he isn't hurt that bad. Just a minor shell hit. He still to this day has not forgotten about that damn turtle. That was 6 years ago. And now we have 3 western painted turtles as pets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts