BowFishing Country banner

THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE BOWFISHING COMMUNITY ----FROM MATT'S DAD

10K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  whiteriverrambo 
#1 ·
MATT'S MARKER PICTURE. I PHOTO SHOPPED THE DIRT OUT ARROUND IT.
FROM OUR FAMILY : WE WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE BOWFISHING COMMUNITY WHO GENEROUSLY DONATED MONEY AND SENT PRAYERS. THANK YOU!
WE WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO PLACE SUCH A FITTING AND NICE MARKER FOR MY SON WITHOUT YOUR HELP. WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MOVED WE WERE.
WE DO ASK FOR ONE MORE THING FROM YOU THOUGH.... PLEASE WEAR YOUR LIFE VEST! IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU.
Headstone Grave Memorial Commemorative plaque

See less See more
#2 ·
Amen!:pray:

#5 ·
Mr.Buroker, no parent should have to bury thier children and i feel pain in my heart that yourself and family have to live with this.

I pray that you find strength in the memory of your son and know that people you have never met and will never stand next to in this world are standing next to you in spirit through prayer and in heart. God Bless

#8 ·
MATT'S MARKER PICTURE. I PHOTO SHOPPED THE DIRT OUT ARROUND IT.
FROM OUR FAMILY : WE WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE BOWFISHING COMMUNITY WHO GENEROUSLY DONATED MONEY AND SENT PRAYERS. THANK YOU!
WE WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO PLACE SUCH A FITTING AND NICE MARKER FOR MY SON WITHOUT YOUR HELP. WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MOVED WE WERE.
WE DO ASK FOR ONE MORE THING FROM YOU THOUGH.... PLEASE WEAR YOUR LIFE VEST! IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU.
View attachment 64690
I waer life vest all the time now in the boat!!!!

#10 ·
We were at the Tough man last year and leaving that parking lot the next morning and leaving a empty truck and trailer in the parking lot with two men still lost is something I hope I never have to experience again. We all went and bought inflatable life jackets soon after and wear them whenever running or are in deep water. Some tournaments even started making this mandatory and am glad they did. This is one great community that I am proud to be part of!

#12 ·
Wow. I feel like I just got punched in the gut. Call it a wake up call. I cried for you and your family last year and helped out a little with what I could. Still haven't been wearing my vest. I guess you could call me dense because I too have lost 3 people very close to me on the water in the past few years. The vests are coming out of the box and everyone WILL be wearing one when the boat is under way. Thanks for the reminder and may God comfort your family.

#14 ·
search high and low "slowpoke" for something thats comfortable. dont worry about price. if its not comfortable and out of the way, you wont wear it. its like having a side arm at home and finding yourself in a bad situation. ive been in both kinds wet and worried, wishing i was wearing-never again. I prefer the manual belt, for me its never in the way while shooting or doing what i need to and theres no pill to dissolve while its in the storage compartment. and the best part they were only about $50 ea.

#15 ·
MY WISH IS EVERYONE DOES WEAR THEIR PFD. AS SOME HAVE SAID IT HAS TO BE COMFORTABLE OR YOU WON'T WEAR IT! I WAS ONE THAT DIDN'T WEAR ANYTHING. LIKE A LOT OF BOATERS WE ALWAYS HAD THE CHEAPEST LEGAL ONES WE COULD GET. (ORANGE ONES) THEY WERE SHOVED UNDER THE SEATS OR BOW.
A HAUNTING MEMORY WAS A COUPLE YEARS AGO ON FATHERS DAY. (NO LESS) A CONSERVATION OFFICER STOPPED BY THE BOAT AND ONLY WANTED TO MAKE SURE WE HAD VESTS ON BOARD. DIDN'T CARE ABOUT LICENSE OR REGISTRATION HE WASN'T WRITING TICKETS ON FATHERS DAY. IT TOOK ME A GOOD 3-4 MINUTES TO GET TWO VESTS UNSTUCK FROM UNDER BOW. THE OFFICER REPLIED "DOESN'T DO MUCH GOOD IF YOU CAN'T GET TO THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE STUCK". HOW TRUE.
WHEN MATT AND RYAN WENT IN THE WATER THE VESTS WERE WEDGED IN A COMPARTMENT WITH A LID ON IT. THE OFFICER THAT NOTIFIED US AND RAN THE INVESTIGATION STATED "IF THEY WERE ONLY FREE OF THE COMPARTMENT AND NOT WEDGED IN THEY WOULD HAVE FLOATED TO THE SURFACE". MIGHT HAVE HAD A BETTER OUTCOME!
OF COURSE WEARING THEM WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BETTER SOLUTION.
THERE ARE SO MANY HAUNTING THINGS THAT WE THINK ABOUT. ANOTHER WAS MATT WAS IN HIS FINAL YEAR OF COLLEGE. HE WAS STUDING LAW ENFORCEMENT. MORE SPECIFICALLY A CONSERVATION OFFICER. WEIRD THAT IS WHO PULLED HIM FROM THE LAKE.
I COULD ALMOST REASON (BARELY) IF MATT WOULD HAVE GONE BECAUSE OF HYPOTHERMIA ONLY.
IT IS HARD FOR ME TO GRASP THAT A LIVE VEST $10.00 & P MIGHT HAVE CHANGED THE OUTCOME.
PLEASE PASS YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THIS ALONG TO SOMEONE YOU SEE WITHOUT A PFD ON. TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONES LIFE.

#16 ·
still wear two bands. one for each of em. didn't kno them on a personal level but like said its like a family. I think of it often as a reminder of many things and when people ask what they are for I can let them kno and maybe theyll learn. im as bad as anyone and had to many close calls wore my jacket more times last year then in all the years combined. my heart goes out. I believe theyve changed peoples outlook. pray they R.I.P and pray for the families. never easy.

god bless the families

#19 ·
I'D LOVE TO SEE IT AS A STICKY. NOT ONLY CAN MORE PEOPLE GET MY "THANKS" BUT MORE IMPORTANT MAYBE THEY WILL THINK TWICE BEFORE BEING ON THE WATER WITHOUT A PFD.
LOVE THE "100 INSURANCE POLICY" WISH THEY WERE MORE AFFORDABLE. BASS PRO RUNS THEM ON SALE IN THE SPRING AND USUALLY HAVE THEIR 6 PAY PLAN AVAILABLE. THAT WOULD MAKE IT AFFORDABLE EVEN ON THE TIGHTEST BUDGETS. I BOUGHT TWO LAST YEAR.
I'VE BEEN WORKING WITH OFFICIALS AND CONSEVATION HEADS IN INDIANAPOLIS. WE ARE PRODUCING A SAFETY VIDEO IN A MONTH OR SO WHEN IT WARMS UP. THE VIDEO WILL BE SHOWN STATE WIDE IN BOATERS SAFETY COURSES AND ALSO ONLINE.
I EMAILED A LOGO I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON. WE HOPE IT WILL BE USED IN OUTDOOR EMAILS,FISHING REGULATIONS. HUNTING BOOKLET AND BOATER COURSE HANDOUTS. JUST A VISUAL REMINDER.

#21 ·
I will never forget reading the posts about that day. From that day out, my team is never on the boat without an inflatable vest. And like others have said, look around, not for the best price, but for the best fit. I have even gotten into the truck with mine on, after shooting all night. talk about an odd feeling, but it was nice to know that they are comfortable enough to forget you have it on. No one is allowed on the boat without a lifejacket!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.