BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
12932623_1698164587098451_5004621708753824060_n.jpg IMG_20160401_194851.jpg I finally got the Funky Chipmunk out of storage. If you don't know the story of the Funky Chipmunk this is how it went. Back in October a member on here skippy needed to sell his boat for a down payment on the house of his dreams out in the country, and it was seggested by another member garp to start a donation thread to help me buy the boat here's the thread http://bow.fishingcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?138658-Give-Chance-a-Chance it was agreed that if put in $500 for the boat the rest would be raised. It took a little over a week and $1300 was raised by 35 people. I would like to thank all the guys that donated again I still can't believe how it all happened. I want to hear how the trip with beaver turns out. So today I had a half day of school so I got the chipmunk out of the storage building and went right to the secretary of states office and got all the registration taken care of. I washed her down today, put my new trailer jack on it and I put a ramp on the tongue of the trailer that was given to me. My plans are to put my 12 27w leds on it for now, mount a 55lb troller, build a rail around a deck and I need to finish a seat on the front deck for my handicap buddy. The chipmunk is a 1448 with a 25 HP mercury with float pods, a deck over, and raised deck. This thread will be not only a build thread but a thread for everything about the chipmunk to keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aww yaa! I'll have to look, but I think I've got an old seat base.
Thanks payphone but its almost done I built it in shop class a while back it doesn't need to swivel I just need to put a back cusion and arm rest would probably be to unstable if it swiveled my buddy has spina bifida and is paralized from the waste down if the boat shifted and the seat swung around he could fall off he'll only be able to shot pretty much straight ahead and to his left so I'll put an arm rest on the right he can grab on to it and he can then use his hands to reposition himself

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks rambo it'll get a new coat of paint before duck season to. This thing will be an awsome duck boat

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No WRR I took the light off of it I worded that wrong lol I'm working on the light rails and mounting the lights right now 0402161639.jpg

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
IMG_20160403_015717.jpg IMG_20160403_101746.jpg IMG_20160403_103841.jpg IMG_20160403_103901.jpg I was working on it until 2 am an I got almost all the wiring done on my lights I just have to run a heavy guage wire from the front of the boat to the back after I get a rail built around the deck to mount my last switch box I probably won't get to work on it for another 2 weeks

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
we used to tie all the wires together and run them inside the seat base hole to keep them out of the way.
I'll probably end up doing that that's a great idea thanks so far I've only had to drill four holes in the boat to mount my switch boxes the lights and the rails I could just bolt on in the existing holes

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As 1/30th share owner of this fine vessel I approve these mods. Haha.

Seriously though, looks awesome dude. Can wait to see some video of you sticking fish.
thanks Gary I got a knock off go-pro so I should get some good video

1 - 20 of 437 Posts