BowFishing Country banner

381 - 400 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
Thanks guys I picked the Chipmunk up again today, went for a test run, and it still isn’t right. So I guess we’re going to try a shift cable next. :headbang:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
I guess better late than never for an update I might as well update everything I used to post a lot about on here. We had an awesome year again I bowfished almost every weekend up until the end of August we didn’t shoot as many numbers as we have in past years, but I would say it was my best year so far. I had so much fun introducing new people to the sport or taking people out that had only done it once or twice before. I spent a lot of time driving in the back of the boat to get people on fish and I can say that was just as much fun just watching. Quite a few nights instead of just trying to fill the barrel my friend Jake and I decided to target certain species like trying to just get on goldfish and find a trophy, or go after gar and see who could shoot the smallest one, and a couple times we went out to shoot catfish for a friend that likes to smoke them. Overall to sum up the year it was a blast. I still can’t thank you guys enough for helping me get this boat I don’t know where the rest of my pictures went that I wanted to post, but here’s a few.
94FC9C88-E52D-41AF-B407-803E8D2AF07E.jpeg

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
Here’s a 4.3lb goldfish that Jake got in a tournament that took biggest goldfish. We were shooting a big 20 tournament but we couldn’t find any good size fish to save our lives, and we pulled up to a spot that usually holds a couple goldfish and saw this thing and I just started shaking. I was shooting really well that night hitting tiny fish left and right I missed that thing 3 times lol and of coarse Jake made one shot and got him even though he was having a bad night and couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn at least he made one when it counted. That’s a 2 liter bottle sitting next to it in the picture.

F7FF81AF-56FC-4AAF-8619-B73867E47B38.jpeg

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
I also got myself a new truck over the summer my old Jeep was at almost 210 thousand miles and was just getting worn out. I needed a reliable vehicle for college and it definitely helps with my lawn care business, so I picked up this 2002 f150 with only 87 thousand on it and it’s been treating me well. I can’t wait to load this this down with fish in the spring!

0A786C69-0080-4056-B200-006F70B56BD0.jpeg

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
My lawn care business has been doing pretty good that’s all I did for work last summer. We’re up to over 30 lawns now along with quite a few side jobs. We also bought a brand new zero turn in the spring.

Right now I’m in the certificate welding program at Delta College, and I’m really enjoying it. I took an oxy/acetylene class and a stick welding last semester and passed those with a 4.0 gpa. Now I’m in a mig class and I start tig next month. Right now I’m looking for a part time welding job, but with my schedule right now it’s tough. If that doesn’t work out hopefully I can find something in the spring when my schedule opens up a bit.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Damn dude!! That goldfish is a tank!!!!

Looks like a fun year! Its good to hear your business is going well and that pickup looks sharp! Keep up the good work kid

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Nice shooting dude! I wish I could find enough people to go out with me every weekend lol it's like pulling teeth to get anyone I know to ride with me.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #395 (Edited)
Pretty good update , now that your officially a college guy, Hows your older college “friend” doing ???? Was that her in one pic with catfish ????
She still comes up a few times a year to go hunting or fishing but let’s just say she’s not into men, the girl next to me would be my best friends sister.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #397
Nice shooting dude! I wish I could find enough people to go out with me every weekend lol it's like pulling teeth to get anyone I know to ride with me.
It used to be that way but now since we’ve posting fish pictures on Facebook and just told people about what we do for the last couple years around our little town my Friend Jake and I are known as “the bowfisherman” since we have to travel at least 25miles to fish we’re the only ones around that bowfish at night that I know of. So we get quite a few people wanting to go.

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
She still comes up a few times a year to go hunting or fishing but let’s just say she’s not into men, the girl next to me would be my best friends sister.
That’s cool but could tell her your not into men either....lol

That’s better than your best friends GF....

Know your busy with your lawn business but if can break away in late May/ early June have a space on a boat for stingrays if your up to it....

381 - 400 of 437 Posts