BowFishing Country banner

401 - 420 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
That’s cool but could tell her your not into men either....lol

That’s better than your best friends GF....

Know your busy with your lawn business but if can break away in late May/ early June have a space on a boat for stingrays if your up to it....
I’ll have to make it out there some day.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
As long as the weather is good the Chipmunk is going in the water next weekend all I have left to do is to repack the wheel bearings and get a new set of tires put on.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
Fish are gonna be shot tonight! Everything is ready to go on the Chipmunk it should be an awesome night! In other news I did a little aluminum welding in my tig class the other day I’m getting one step closer to building the Funky Chipmunk 2.0. E9A2F780-A1B6-426F-AD1E-41493840AB9A.jpeg

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
3791259B-1102-4434-BB03-1E483E080873.jpeg Well guys I would say the first weekend was a success Friday night Jake and I had an awesome night with a new boat record of 101 fish in 5 hours. If it wasn’t for a thing called work in the morning I bet we could have easily doubled that. Saturday night there was just enough wind to make getting around with trolling motor difficult and the water was pretty dirty, but we still had an awesome night coming in with about 30 fish. Overall I had an awesome weekend being generous I maybe got 8 hours sleep all weekend lol, but I got to make good money cleaning up leaves during the day and shoot fish at night. I don’t think it could get much better.

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Hey, Chance, saw you shot some bowfin/dogfish/mudfish or whatever you want to call them. They look like snakeheads which are very good eating, was wondering if bowfin were worth eating like snakeheads or just trash fish like carp???

Thought I have heard of people eating bowfin caviar which was supposed to be da’ chit but we don’t have them around here, just curious that’s all, and good shooting there also....

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
Hey, Chance, saw you shot some bowfin/dogfish/mudfish or whatever you want to call them. They look like snakeheads which are very good eating, was wondering if bowfin were worth eating like snakeheads or just trash fish like carp???

Thought I have heard of people eating bowfin caviar which was supposed to be da’ chit but we don’t have them around here, just curious that’s all, and good shooting there also....
Thank You! We shot probably 90% dogfish and from what I've heard you're better off eating a carp I guess the meat is mushy and just falls apart and I'll pass on the caviar, but I can send you some if you want to try it lol.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

I've eat them before, of you fry them in pieces it tastes fine (not very fishy) but the reason most people dont like it is because it has the consistency of a salmon patty when you fry it, I love it

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Just use whatever fish breader you like (I like house autry) and fry it up and dip them in ketchup....its not as good as some fish but definitely not the worst

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Just use whatever fish breader you like (I like house autry) and fry it up and dip them in ketchup....its not as good as some fish but definitely not the worst
Yup everything is good with ketchup.....

My wife does egg, breadcrumbs kinda like crab cake and fries then up, don’t want them everyday but once in a while good for something different

401 - 420 of 437 Posts