BowFishing Country banner

421 - 437 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
D0AC7242-6772-4184-9C0D-7CE6E55F9FFC.jpeg I had the opportunity to get out Sunday night and it turned out awesome we stopped at 68 since that was about all the boat wanted to hold and I wasn’t up to an offload to go fill the boat again. It was nice to get into some bigger fish again.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
Well unfortunately I caught a bad case of something last weekend it’s airboat fever after just a few hours on one it’s pretty clear that the Chipmunk is going to be around for a while until I can afford one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well unfortunately I caught a bad case of something last weekend it’s airboat fever after just a few hours on one it’s pretty clear that the Chipmunk is going to be around for a while until I can afford one.
yep. I had that fever at one time. Built a airboat and kept it for 3 years. Then sold it. Regulations around here got ridiculous and we started having noise laws. Yep, most people don't realize it, but all public waterways has a decibel law for noise. Just don't never get enforced. So check your local laws before you jump in that boat and then regret it

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
yep. I had that fever at one time. Built a airboat and kept it for 3 years. Then sold it. Regulations around here got ridiculous and we started having noise laws. Yep, most people don't realize it, but all public waterways has a decibel law for noise. Just don't never get enforced. So check your local laws before you jump in that boat and then regret it
I don’t think noise is an issue we really don’t fish that close to houses.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don’t think noise is an issue we really don’t fish that close to houses.
I didn't either. But other guys that owned a few did. So that canned it

·
Administrator
14,260 Posts
Yep same law for airplanes!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
CCAB18EA-0158-47CB-82B0-CC633224C39B.jpeg Another fine night aboard the Funky Chipmunk not a bad barrel of fish for the first outing of the year. All I can say is this year is going to be interesting for Saginaw bay with the record high water levels we were fishing on what was dry ground not that long ago. Looks like I’m going to have to relearn my home waters since that marsh is almost recognizable compared to years past. The only thing that really concerns me for this year is one of my favorite launches that was really sheltered and made fishing with such a small boat on the bay without waiting for it to be dead calm possible was closed down this winter due to flooding I’m just hoping that it’s opened back up at some point.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Nice haul Chance!! I bowfish on Erie and St. Clair, and I agree, finding ramps that aren't underwater will be a challenge this year.

421 - 437 of 437 Posts