BowFishing Country banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm excited to announce that I have officially, sort of, begun my custom build.

I haven't ordered any material yet, but I did pick up my donor boat today!

This will be a very long and drawn out thread, since I'm going to be doing this as funds become available, but it should be a fun ride. Figured I'd kick this off with a picture of my donor boat.

It's a 17.5ft bass boat with a Johnson 150 Fast Strike. Picked it up for $900. The plan is to gut it out and use as much as I can for the Twisted Sister.

When she's done it should pretty much be an 1872 Swamp Chicken, with a few minor changes.

Before I get any farther though I want to give a public thank you to Payphone Jones for putting up with all of my nonstop questions and helping me out so much. I wouldve never even considered building a custom boat without your help. This is gonna be a 100% West Fork Customs boat,and Payphone is gonna help along the whole way, and I believe Tim Escott is gonna get in on it too. So I'm gonna go ahead thank you too Tim.

I'll keep this up to date as much as possible, but there may be some long breaks in it. It'll be worth it though.

So for now, here she is.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
What's up with the spoon bottom?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
He's just learning Bob. Don't be to hard on the kid.:laugh: It'll be a flat bottom with a hard turn chine, not the sled runners in the CAD drawing.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I wasn't sure of the exact angles of turn chines. Just threw something together to give me a rough idea of what it might look like.

And Payphone is right. I have no idea what I'm doing!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
lol I was just curious if that was how it was supposed to look.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Worth quite a bit more I'd wager, I'm searching for a 125hp + motors and that's a steal.
This region is crawling with late 80's/early 90's bass boats for sale. They are all 75-150hp, and around a grand is the going rate. I finally got a call back on one that Clint asked me to check on for him. 89 model 17.5' Procraft with a 150 Evinrude. $500 takes it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I like to look for deals on boats also but when it comes to some of the "glass" boats I automatically pass. The reason I do so is because there isn't any good way to get rid of the boat itself. What do you guys that buy these boats do with them once you strip them for what you want? I see so many just sitting in peoples ditches, back yards, etc. that it makes me not even want to mess with them. I've thought about just taking a chain saw to them when I was done but I'd still have the same stuff to deal with, just smaller pieces.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Fiberglass is flammable.
Can we put flip it on the top then prop one side up like a lean to, make a little fire, then add some tannerite and gasoline, and things that go bang to the equation?!?!?! Please dad!!!!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like to look for deals on boats also but when it comes to some of the "glass" boats I automatically pass. The reason I do so is because there isn't any good way to get rid of the boat itself. What do you guys that buy these boats do with them once you strip them for what you want? I see so many just sitting in peoples ditches, back yards, etc. that it makes me not even want to mess with them. I've thought about just taking a chain saw to them when I was done but I'd still have the same stuff to deal with, just smaller pieces.
My wife keeps asking me the same thing. The only thing I've been able to come up with is "I don't know" haha

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Here's a quick AutoCad sketch I did upick of what it should resemble when done.

i like the layout. ��
%5BURL=http://s604.photobucket.com/user/rmprostaff/media/image.jpg12_zps65omhljk.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt130/rmprostaff/image.jpg12_zps65omhljk.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

1 - 20 of 86 Posts