BowFishing Country banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been thing about a lever bow, have always bowfished with recurves but I've been wanting something with a little more punch. I shot a compound at some fish for the first time last weekend and I'm not sold on getting one yet. So my question is what I should look for while trying to buy one, what models are good/bad and decent price range. Not really looking to drop $800 on a new osprey at this point but I'm sure if they live up to their hype I probably will eventually.
Thanks
Zach

·
Registered
163 Posts
H250/h500 screamjng eagle seem to be the go too older oneida. I do believe they are the lightest of the older ones. My back up is a strike eagle and it's a lead brick. Screaming eagles can be had for around 250 for a decent one. Hope this helps.
Dylan

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi well I have shot a lot of bows and I hate to tell you but go on and bite the bullet and get the Osprey or else your gonna spend some money on a cheaper bow then turn around and get the Osprey lol

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
Hi well I have shot a lot of bows and I hate to tell you but go on and bite the bullet and get the Osprey or else your gonna spend some money on a cheaper bow then turn around and get the Osprey lol
X 2 !!
Or get in line for a AE!

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you're going to get an old one, do yourself a favor and don't shoot one of the newer ones. If you can possibly spare the money, Wildcard is right. $800 may seem high before you buy one, but after you do, it doesn't seem high. Tell yourself "At least it's not as high as a Kestrel!" Unlike other bows, Oneidas apparently go up in value, like gold or a house. Just think of it as an investment.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, I guess I'll just keep my eye out for a steal on an older one while saving for a new osprey.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Thanks guys, I guess I'll just keep my eye out for a steal on an older one while saving for a new osprey.
Good idea, I think most of us start with an older Oneida. Learn how to tune them and work on them before stepping up to a BE or an Osprey.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts