BowFishing Country banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any suggestions or pictures of how you ran your wires for your lights. I have a flush deck and caint get under it. Also my floor and sides are lined together so I would rather not cut the liner to go under neath. Also any pics of your switch location would be helpful.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'd just run some seal tight flex conduit under the gunnels up to you switch box. then more seal tight with multiangle connectors to come in the back of the lights.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I drilled a hole for the 1/2'' liquid tite flex and attached it to my fixtures as seen. The liquid tite flex is super tough and pretty easy to work with. I have since switched out the plastic connectors at the fixtures to metal connectors.

Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Furniture Table Bench Metal

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
come on Jp quit posting pics of them lights i am still jealous

I was just trying to help a brother out since I have a flush deck with little access under neath like he has!

No need to be jealous! Your jealousy will be cured soon enough I hope!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the pictures, are yall just running 12/3 romex in there? And Jp I still really like those lights

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, are yall just running 12/3 romex in there? And Jp I still really like those lights
No I definatly wouldn't use romex. Romex is a single stranded wire. You would be much better off with a multi-stranded wire. I have digital ballasts so I just ran the output cord from the ballast to the fixture and wired it up. Its 16/3 stranded wire. Just like an extension cord you buy and Home Depot.

Here is a picture of what the wire looks like and how I attached it. But sure to leave out the wire nuts in your setup. They will cause you problems later. I use only crimp and shrink connectors.

Auto part Wire Cable Electrical wiring Technology

1 - 14 of 14 Posts