BowFishing Country banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bass Tracker pro17, 17 ft long, 4 ft across the bottom. I know I want to set it up with a kicker, just dont know what size. I found a Tohatsu 8hp 2002 for around $600, is that going to be too much? Is that a good price? How is the Tohatsu name, never had one and dont know anyone who has... Thanks and any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Perfect for ur boat. Great price and great motor.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
If that is a four stroke and a single cylinder it will shake rattle and roll! I sold mine because of that. When I get another kicker it will be a 2 cylinder four stroke with out a doubt...something to look into and consider. Also, they are good motors.

·
Registered
89 Posts
We had a 4 stroke 40H.P. on a 16 ft flat bottom. Great starting and running engine. After about year 3 we had some carb issues. We traded the boat and motor. It was hard for us to find parts for it. The marina that we bought it off of never kept parts and could not help us find any. Other than that we really liked the motor.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I know of about ten people around here (me included) that use 6hp to 15hp for kicker tohatsu set up and they are pretty much bullet proof. Perfect size motor for your boat. I have a 6hp on my 17 foot tracker boat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts