BowFishing Country banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 war eagle. In order to load it on the trailer naturally the trailer has to be a certain depth in the water. If I don't back it up deep enough then the boat is halfway on the trailer and you have to winch up all that weight which is almost impossible and end up breaking the winch.
If I back the trailer in where it should be then I can get the boat right up to the winch roller. However, the front bow ends up about 4 in underneath the roller. So what I have to do is stop at that point hook the winch strap on and slowly pull it out of the water and let the trailer bring the boat up to just above the roller.
However then I'm about three inches short of the roller and trying to winch that on once I'm all the way out of the water is almost impossible and I broke a winch trying to do that.
So I have to stop short of the roller, put the strap and safety chain on, pull it out of the water, allow it to rise and then go forward and a few miles an hour and hit the brakes and let it slide up to the roller.
I know sooner or later I'm going to break something else. There has to be a solution to this?

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Spray the bunk covers with silicone spray when have the boat off. But we normally power load our 2072 SeaArk but depends on the angle and depth at the ramp. It takes 2 people but normally just run the boat right up to the hook, but we carry the silicone spray and spray the bunks down before load up at a few ramps if hit low tide right we don’t have enough water to drive it up on the trailer and the silicone spray works great on the carpeted bunks

·
Registered
23 Posts
your bunks must be way to high.see if you can lower winch and roller on post. i have a 20*60 and i pull it by hand all the way to bow roller

·
Registered
140 Posts
some bigger boats use electric trailer winches. actually been throwing that idea around since i launch by myself a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts