BowFishing Country banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have a bowfishing trip planned for 6 months. Going to Tennessee from Wisconsin. Do you all think the roads will be open in a week? We plan to bring all are food and drinks so no need to go into stores or anything while there. Just pay at the pump and the same hotel room everyday. Any thoughts from you?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Not only would your group risk exposure to COVID-19, if anyone already has it, the risk is extended to others. Each pit stop and the hotel would create an exposure risk to you and a spreading risk to others who make the same pit stop or stay in the same hotel.

Recently, the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department recommended the following for the upcoming spring turkey season: "Hunt only with people living under your roof, bring all the food and drink you'll need, sleep in a tent or your vehicle, carry plenty of hand sanitizer and use it. If you've been sick in the 2 weeks prior to your hunt, stay home. As always, safety first."

For the present, sounds like good advice for bowfishing too.

Texas Jack

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well both places have confirmed cases near by. So no chance of bringing it from here or back home to a new area.
Staying in a cabin by our selves for a week. Payment is over the phone. So no contact there.
Food all from home. So no restaurants.
Gas station is our greatest chance of contact and i will do pay at the pump.
So i think i have the social distancing down.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Darwin is not winning medicine is too strong

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Don’t think there has been a confirmed case there yet I’m in west tn and it’s all around 1-2 cases per county till you reach the big cities Nashville,Memphis but a lot of towns around are shutting down all non essential businesses

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don’t think there has been a confirmed case there yet I’m in west tn and it’s all around 1-2 cases per county till you reach the big cities Nashville,Memphis but a lot of towns around are shutting down all non essential businesses
Are the roads still open?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not only would your group risk exposure to COVID-19, if anyone already has it, the risk is extended to others. Each pit stop and the hotel would create an exposure risk to you and a spreading risk to others who make the same pit stop or stay in the same hotel.

Recently, the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department recommended the following for the upcoming spring turkey season: "Hunt only with people living under your roof, bring all the food and drink you'll need, sleep in a tent or your vehicle, carry plenty of hand sanitizer and use it. If you've been sick in the 2 weeks prior to your hunt, stay home. As always, safety first."

For the present, sounds like good advice for bowfishing too.

Texas Jack
Thats a pretty nice advice from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. Please take the precautionary measures stated to avoid being infected. Stay safe!

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's awesome! How you liking the control of the new rig? I am upgrading in the next year or 2 and am torn between the dual mud rig and outboard/troller fan combo since we can't run airboats here. I hate the boat control of the troller fan, but I would really like to hit 40-45mph when traveling as well.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like them alot. We run 10-15 mph a lot looking for good pockets to hit. Boat only does 33mph. Which is fast enough for me on most night. We fish lacrosse wi area a lot. If thats within your driving range you are more then welcome to tag along some time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts