BowFishing Country banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't use my troller very much but went to use it last week and it was acting funny. It's like it only had 50% battery even though I charged them before going out. When that was happening I plugged up the powermax and the genny started working harder, but still no more power from the troller. It wasn't really acting like the board was going bad either(aka it wasn't jumping on and off). Thought it might be the batts so I charged them all week and pulled them off the charger this morning. Both are still reading 12.9V 12 hours later. Also ran the troller in the yard and it seemed to be running WOT now. I'm perplexed.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'm so sick of my troller. I filled the lower unit up with water again last night and now it won't spin. They're a pain in the ass and I need to get a kicker badly

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I'm having same issue with mine needs new brushes. But I run a kicker 80% of the time so I have been dealing with it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you charged your batteries for a week and they only read 12.9v, something is wrong with the batteries. They should read higher if fully charged. Take them to a auto parts place and have them tested to see if they might have a bad cell or something.

Bisch

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? what should good batts read after they sit for 12 hours after a charge?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Good point Bisch: voltage doesn't necessarily mean anything. A battery can give a decent voltage reading and still have a bad cell. Need to use a load tester or check the gravity of each cell. Depending on the charger, charging them for a week may not be good for them either.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The charger is an on-board trickle charger so it acts as a battery tender as well. Hope that's not the problem or I've been doing it wrong for years lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts