BowFishing Country banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're going to run a troller off a generator, how do you figure out how many watts on the genny the troller will use up?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Your troller won't run off a generator. Your troller will run off a converter.....the converter will run off the generator. Check out the chart on the Power Max website to calculate power consumption.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your troller won't run off a generator. Your troller will run off a converter.....the converter will run off the generator. Check out the chart on the Power Max website to calculate power consumption.
Ive looked at the chart on powermaxs website. Couldnt make sense of it.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
For an 80lb troller, you need to supply more than 56 amps, which means two 12v converters. The max watt draw on a PM3-55 is 917w. Multiply that by two if that is the setup you are after. PM3-45 will draw a max of 705w, but there again, multiply that by two for a 24v troller.

·
Registered
152 Posts
We use a 36V power supply that runs directly from the generator to the troller. No batteries. The downside is it runs off 240v AC because of the amp draw so your generator needs to be capable of that. The Honda EU6500 runs that and 8 400W HPS without barely coming off idle. The best part is I haven't burned up a troller yet. Unlike the Power Maxx's.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
We use a 36V power supply that runs directly from the generator to the troller. No batteries. The downside is it runs off 240v AC because of the amp draw so your generator needs to be capable of that. The Honda EU6500 runs that and 8 400W HPS without barely coming off idle. The best part is I haven't burned up a troller yet. Unlike the Power Maxx's.
This is a good setup as well Clint, but since we are allowed fans in Indiana, it won't make much sense for you to get that much $ wrapped up in a troller setup. I am jealous of anyone that owns an EU6500!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts