BowFishing Country banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just put a new string on my swampit and trying to tune it. It hits knock high and right unless i turn it down to 30lbs then it shoots great. Is 50lbs just to much for the ams carbon or white shafts?
I have probably tuned 100 hunting bows over the years so I'm not new to tuning. And i did watch some of Rambo's videos "he had some great stuff on there" any suggestions?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There in time and as for cam lean it changes a little from full draw to at rest. I've shot with it strait at full draw and strait at rest. And no difference in my tuning.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well without a string attached to the arrow has nock 1" high and 3"right @ 5yds. With a spinner, tied to the back it takes about half of it out. So only 1\2" high and 1-2" right @ 5 yards.
I shoot 1 finger over and 2 under. When i get home I'll try 3 under and 1 over 1 under

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Trying moving your knocking point. I always start about 1/4" high and go from there. But every bowfishing bow ive ever tuned the nocking point always ended knock high and shooting bullet holes

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After 5hrs of trying different things. I tried everything from knocking point 1/4" high to 1\4" low. Rest all directions a long ways. No real change.
Then i tried 3 fingers under had it dialed in within 5 min. I guess i will be shooting 3 under now. I can keep 9 out of 10 in a paper plate @ 15 yards. So I'm happy. Thank you all for your advice. This is a great site!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts