BowFishing Country banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to purchase a new rig and looking at an 1870 alweld with a tunnel. My question is how do they preform I have friends would run jet drives bUT are struggling with speed. How are tunnel hulls with prop driven motors as far as speed, fuel economy,ect... I'm going to buy an 1870 with a 175 Yamaha sho. With either a prop and a console or a jet and a tiller. All help and opinions are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Think a Crafty on here ran a tunnel/prop setup. A buddy of ours ran a jet outboard on a regular hull and has said would never do that again. But a 4stroke 175 prop tunnel hull with a console should have no issues.....but might consider float pods on the back, think you loose a little displacement with a tunnel hull

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
I ran a Hanko tunnel with a Vee hull.
You want a power jack plate on it.
Only issue I had was tight turns, motor would want to caveat.
Just had to put motor down some.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Everything I've read on them says that they are made to run in really shallow water and that they are made for rocky river bottoms. Sounds like a great combination to me but I'd do like mudfish says and use a hydraulic jack plate with it though. I'd run a prop before I'd go with the jet drive. You just give up too much with a jet.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I got a cc 2072 tunnel with a 115 fourstroke Yamaha and hydraulic jackplate and I love it and I've got 45mph out of prolly could get more and haven't really tried to see how shallow it will run but have run it places my othe boat won't go haven't noticed a problem with drafting deeper with out pods but boat does have 30"sides and only had it blow out once when turnin but it was almost a 90 degree turn and was running pretty fast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts