BowFishing Country banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a Muzzy Xd on a regular fishing pole, I am wanting to put one on a catfish pole with 50lb braided line to try and snag some gators with it. Just looking to see if anybody has tried to use it this way and how it does.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
I would use a big saltwater spinning reel personally, would hold more line, faster retrieve, better drag and probably more durable and better suited for the use....

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would use a big saltwater spinning reel personally, would hold more line, faster retrieve, better drag and probably more durable and better suited for the use....
I would but I can cast a push button so much better and accurate.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I seem to remember a different company selling the same spinner as a muzzy but spooled with fishing line. Don't remember the name of the company. I remember there was a disclaimer: not for bowfishing use, or some such. It made me think there was a kind of non-compete arrangement between that company and Muzzy.

Snagging gators...do people use spinners for bowfishing gators? If so, I don't really see the difference between snagging and a non killing shot. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Unless one pops up within a few yards, we cast a large treble hook with a spinning reel over their back while swimming on top of the water. Wrangle them in with that, then get a bigger line in them with the bowfishing gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts