BowFishing Country banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot fish # 2 and 3. Day before yesterday, I was out at my favorite fishing hole. Couldn't connect with anything, lots of commons. Then low and behold in my attempt to hit a nice common, I hit this instead , I think a white sucker? Yesterday I'm back at it missing as usual, I arrow a common that got off my arrow after getting in a brush pile. About an hour later near same stretch of river, I hear and see a commotion , a large carp near bank has launched itself into air into some overhanging brush, trees. As I watch I thought maybe getting some type berry or insect or something, then the fish swims towards bank trying to run itself aground then out and back with more jumping and splashing. I arrow and retrieve this fish... Looks like has some injury near one gill, my shot struck in head above and behind the gill on other side. Y'all think that previous injury accounted for his behavior ? The sucker if that what it is , is 8" and the carp is 25" I guess about 7 or 8 lbs? Love Bowfishing, never know what you run across.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
You see fish do wierd $hit from time to time. Can't say I've shot one smaller than that sucker, we'll done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts