BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
We have out own wounded warrior and I can't watch stuff like that without choking them back.

Getting the calls late at night or early morning (twice) where he was airlifted out to a hospital somewhere due his vehicle caught with IED's was way more than tough. Can't be there, can't help.

These boys are dedicated and ready to die for you and me, patriotism, brain washed, a combo of both. His first time he was in the hospital when I did get get to talk he had a dislocated hip, concussion, some cuts and bruises and all I could hear was a young man fighting mad because they took his rifle, his helmet and he didn't know where they where (this is drilled into them in training, never lose your weapon or helmet) and they had cut his pants off that had the Desert Storm Kershaw I sent him and it was lost. He was ready to return right then to battle and is FOB.

After the second IED, another concussion, shrapnel to the body, and more damage he was finally brought home for rehab in El Paso. Outside, same boy to the view, inside... not even close. 25 years old with back and knee issues, hearing gone in one ear, and the pains of a 65 year old getting around. And I now know PTSD is real.

It's been several years now, he started a family and he looks good to most but I still see it and feel it.

And I will end with he is here... I can't imagine the pain of the parents of the ones that didn't come back.

When you see a soldier in uniform, stop, buy his drink at the convenience store, dinner at the restaurant, or just say Thank you. He may look fine on the outside but we will never really know what dues he paid for you and I to enjoy this free country and sport we love called bowfishing.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Customer after customer wanting their stupid plumbing fixed! That's the song I have to hear everyday.

1 - 20 of 239 Posts