BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just getting started and wondered, what is the "Best" bow for bow fishing? :duh:

·
Registered
127 Posts
oh boy... u just started a free for all... (i use bear bows by the way)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
depends on what you want to do... if you want to shoot chain mess plated carp from Cali you need a Oneida pumped up to 70 lbs... if you want to shoot gatar gar in Texas than a youth bow turned down to 20 lbs will get the job done...lol...

I shoot a Forge D-ray and love it... but I just picked up a few oneida's and they draw very smooth...

·
Registered
955 Posts
I got 2 cudas and recently bought an osprey. all shoot the same to me, just feel a lil different. the bow dont mean chit if you cant shoot good anyhow.

So to me, there is no BEST BOW

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got 2 cudas and recently bought an osprey. all shoot the same to me, just feel a lil different. the bow dont mean chit if you cant shoot good anyhow.

So to me, there is no BEST BOW
great point! and ive drawn back oneidas they r defiintely smooth but havent shot one my buddy's gota 2010 model diamond idk wat specific one but its a slick lil bow and he loves it but he also shoots a pse outlaw (youth bow) theres so many good brands now days its more of wat look u want and wat kinda draw u prefer

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
any bow that will stick an arrow in a fish.... A bow from the pawn shop that cost 30 bucks is pretty sweet. I bet you could rig out that bow, buy a genny, and halos for under 650 and shoot the heck out of fish...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Oneida Osprey is the Cadillac!!!

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
ONEIDA

Everyone shoots them!
I'll take a Discovery anytime over a nutckacker bow. After looking at all the paint jobs and bows without a single scratch/mark on them I start to wonder if you guys actually fish with nutcrackers or are they wall hangers and trailer queens?lol

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
I don't care to shoot an Oneida due to weight, only one I've held was an older model but still a chit ton heavier than a cuda or similar when fishing for hours on end

·
Registered
997 Posts
people will say this bow or that bow, but what truly is the best bow is the one that is comfortable in your hands. oneidas are nice and yes i have one but my darton is more comfortable for me. where a fish hawk would feel better for someone else and an oneida for the next person, what you need to do is get out there an feel up some bows, if you are on a budget try looking at a pse king fisher or a martin jaguar. both feel good and shoot good. different bows shoot different for different people.

·
Registered
951 Posts
No doubt osprey. Was shooting a cuda and a strike eagle would not ever give up my osprey not any heavier than a cuda

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I shoot a cuda it was cheap it hits hard kill mass amounts of fish and its a 2010 apparently they are revised and dont blow up like the older ones. I hope

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
One you can afford is a good place to start, keep an eye on craigslist you can usually find bows show up that have nothing wrong with them except that they're old, I got one over the fall for $20 in perfect working order. If it'll sling a shaft, it'll stick a fish... the rest is all up to you and your preference.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I started out with a $40 beater that was heavy as piss... it did the job and killed a Chit pile of fish for me but i moved on to a Mathews Mission Menace that is ALOT lighter at the end of last summer, love that bow!
Alot of ppl like bows that have little let off and i could see where that would be nice, i might get one like that for my next one too just to try out.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Used a AMS Fish Hawk forever and it shoots good although a little heavy.Picked up a pair of Hydrostike 2's and they feel lighter and fit my hand better and shoot good.Whatever bow you find just make sure it is comfotable for you to shoot-light,fits your hand,draws smooth.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts