BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was shooting a custom fishing bow at 37 pounds last year. I came up with some big scales when shooting 37 pounds. I just bought a Mathews Q2 with a 40 to 70 draw weight for my harbour and shore bow. Wanted something with extra weight to it for my long shots and don't like maxing out my bow poundage. Anyone else use a hunting bow for a bowfishing shore bow and what do you use and poundage. Has 70% letoff but most fish I shoot at a distance are sunning themselves and have time to draw. Going to set it at 52lbs to start.

I am a Hoyt man but I will try a Mathews. :cf::cf: My Hoyt's and PSE's seem to get along in my hunting room and never hear any sqwables. LOL

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
Bowtech Destroyer 350
Shoots amazingly well!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I used to use my Oneida Phantom set at 60lb and it could reach out there. If you go higher than 60lb, use a stiffer arrow than regular fiberglass. (Yellow Jacket or solid carbon). If I were shooting off those big piers like you, I would start at 60 pounds.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just went out and bought a brand new Mission Craze. Got it new with no gloves for $250. Both are ajustable on the bow as it is to reach that draw and weight.

IBO Rate Up to 306 fps
Physical Weight 3.6 lbs.
Axle to Axle 28"
Brace Height 7.5"
Let-off 80%
Riser Extruded
Draw Weight 15 - 70 lbs
Finish (Riser/Limbs) Lost Camo AT
Draw Length 19 - 30"
Silencers D-Amplifiers™
Suppressors N/A
Cam(s) N/A
Cable Guard Carbon Rod
Bowstrings Zebra® Hybrid
String Length 55 3/4"
Grip Composite
Cable Length 30 7/8"

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PFFFFF,u dont need more weight!!!!
Shooting carp that come in off the bay and the water still has ice floating, yes more weight, I come up with just a big scales alot at 40 pounds. I don't want to hurt fish as I want to kill fish.

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
Shooting carp that come in off the bay and the water still has ice floating, yes more weight, I come up with just a big scales alot at 40 pounds. I don't want to hurt fish as I want to kill fish.
:laugh:....wheelie,you been here long enough to know I was being sarcastic!!!C'mon!!
I will say with let off you are losing kinetic energy

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
Now I can just turn up the weight :) :) Had it set at 70 when I bought it and couldn't even budge it to draw!
Yea,its funny what 10 lbs is.....as ya know I shoot 60 lbs all the time,and dont even notice it.Friday night we happened apon a spot that had some fish down pretty deep,and I grabbed the 70 bow my cousin brought....chit,had to strain a little to get back LOL!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey Wheelie, how is the finger pinch on that bow? I was interested in the Craze but its really short.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts