BowFishing Country banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a build off of the "what's in your pocket" thread but who cares. What do you always carry with you no matter what? The stuff you never leave home without? For me it's as follows:

Kershaw Ken Onion Blur
Wiley X MOJO sunglasses
Glock 17/22 depending on what I wear (I prefer a full size)
Car/house keys
Wallet
Phone
Grizzly wintergreen long cut
Pen and small notebook

There are a few other things I like to have with me but not always a must have.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Wallet, knife, beef jerky, some sort of gun or six, and most times a phone. The keys better be in the ignition where I left them. I don't even know if we have keys to our house??? Only lock it when we are inside. lol

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Setting on the dresser every morning...
North American Arms 22Mag with Clip/Folder Holster, clipped on right pocket.
Leatherman Wingman clipped on left pocket
Key Fob (Truck is Keyless Entry) right pocket
Don't carry a Wallet, I do carry Credit cards, licenses, etc and they have cash folded over them and a binder clip holds it all together and it's in front left pocket.
Cell Phone is in back left pocket.

NAA 22 mag is every day, unless going to Springfield or Joplin then it's switched out to a Ruger LCP with extended mag and pocket clip. If winter and wearing a coat, this is switched out to a IWB 9mm.
If dressed up, may do a ankle holster with a Sig P290RS, if wearing a jacket, a IWB holster and either a M&P Compact, a Springfield XDM 3.8 or a Taurus PT111

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
For school wallet, 2 pecils, phone, and a portable charger. If my jeep is in the driveway the keys are in it otherwise they're in my pocket. When I'm not in school it's a knife, wallet and phone.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Setting on the dresser every morning...
North American Arms 22Mag with Clip/Folder Holster, clipped on right pocket.
Leatherman Wingman clipped on left pocket
Key Fob (Truck is Keyless Entry) right pocket
Don't carry a Wallet, I do carry Credit cards, licenses, etc and they have cash folded over them and a binder clip holds it all together and it's in front left pocket.
Cell Phone is in back left pocket.

NAA 22 mag is every day, unless going to Springfield or Joplin then it's switched out to a Ruger LCP with extended mag and pocket clip. If winter and wearing a coat, this is switched out to a IWB 9mm.
If dressed up, may do a ankle holster with a Sig P290RS, if wearing a jacket, a IWB holster and either a M&P Compact, a Springfield XDM 3.8 or a Taurus PT111
Sorry to thread jack a little, but do you like the NAA 22 mag? I looked at them, and kind of liked the idea of being able to just put it in my pocket and not having to strap on a holster when the weather is nice, and I am just in a tshirt. Local guy has one, but he wants 349.00 for it, and I am not sure if that's high or not but sure doesn't seem like much gun for the price lol!

Back on topic I carry keys to work everyday. Truck keys stay with the vehicle, and my wallet and phone. Other then that, I usually leave my gun in the truck around here.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Sorry to thread jack a little, but do you like the NAA 22 mag? I looked at them, and kind of liked the idea of being able to just put it in my pocket and not having to strap on a holster when the weather is nice, and I am just in a tshirt. Local guy has one, but he wants 349.00 for it, and I am not sure if that's high or not but sure doesn't seem like much gun for the price lol!

Back on topic I carry keys to work everyday. Truck keys stay with the vehicle, and my wallet and phone. Other then that, I usually leave my gun in the truck around here.
I do like it, obviously this is a close quarters gun. Beauty of the NAA is that I went from a very occasional carry to carry every day no matter what I wear, even gym shorts to take dogs out first AM... 5 rounds of 22mag is way better than nothing at all. Mine is the 22LR/22Mag combo so I can go run 50 rounds through it practice cheap, quick clean, back in the pocket.

And yes they are expensive but built like a little tank. Do the reviews, some guys have carried the same NAA for 10-15 years.

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Normal working on job doing service work, an amp clamp multi meter and 6-n-1 screw driver to see what's going on then a trip to the truck to get what really need if bigger problem and more major.... As well as phone, truck keys,knife and electric key fob for my "New" work truck,locks and unlocks all bins on the aluminum Reading Body when get close to truck....is bad azz

Hey Payphone check this one out...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Transport Trailer

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Commercial vehicle Transport

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Aww ya! That'll be nice to work out of.
Yup been using it for over a month now and plan on getting a 2nd one in spring, and so far no paperwork or stuff on the dash like the older regular work van, the Transit cab with Reading body is awesome to work out of, so much easier to keep straight and organized

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wallet, keys, phone, knife, usually have a roscoe of some sort nearby depending on what I'm doing, and a can of grizzly fine cut wintergreen

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Yup been using it for over a month now and plan on getting a 2nd one in spring, and so far no paperwork or stuff on the dash like the older regular work van, the Transit cab with Reading body is awesome to work out of, so much easier to keep straight and organized
What engine do you have in that transit???

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Money clip in the front pocket on one side and key fob with house key and two work keys on it and a lighter in the other front pocket sometimes a ruger lcp in my back pocket

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
When I'm not in school it's a knife, wallet and phone.
It's sad world we live in today Chance, I started carrying a pocket knife at 12, and always had one in my pocket up and through high school (late 1978-1981) and our hunting guns were in the truck on the school parking lot. During all of all my years in school, nobody was ever stabbed and nobody shot. If we were to have ever pulled a knife or pointed a gun at something we didn't intend to kill our dads would have beat us within an inch of our lives and we knew it. Matter of fact, my Jr and Sr year my shop teacher would skip out with me in the afternoons to go dove hunting...

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
What engine do you have in that transit???
Was worried or skeptical at first but has the 3.5L V6 and gets 15-15.5 mpg and runs along pretty good with the gearing in it...doesn't seem underpowered

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Was worried or skeptical at first but has the 3.5L V6 and gets 15-15.5 mpg and runs along pretty good with the gearing in it...doesn't seem underpowered
Had any throttle body issues yet? We change them every day here at work we also had a transit with the little diesel in it and the guy put about 10 gal of def in the fuel tank instead of the def tank that was a nice little chunk of money

·
Registered
984 Posts
Im like JB i love my NAA 22LR and if i need more gun then i switch to my LCP as well. my wife is not a gun fan and she can't tell when i carry the NAA so both parties are happy other then those money clip and phone. keys stay in the car at home and at work but i do pull keys out in public

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Had any throttle body issues yet? We change them every day here at work we also had a transit with the little diesel in it and the guy put about 10 gal of def in the fuel tank instead of the def tank that was a nice little chunk of money
Only 3,500 miles on it so far so hope don't have any problems yet

1 - 20 of 41 Posts