BowFishing Country banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
snapped the blade on my folding pocket knife. Time to purchase a new one. There's a million options out there. What do ya'll carry?

Post up, brand? style?
Preferably locking folder with pant clip.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blade durability is high on my choosing factor. I know a couple of guys that have spyderco knives and swear by them, my neighbor swears by buck blades.

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Spyderco .......lol ^^^^^^^^ simultaneous posting

·
Registered
236 Posts
Kershaw. Used it for the last 7 years and still going strong. I use a gerber utility knife as well. Its nice to be able to swap the blade and keep going. Plus at like $10 you cant go wrong

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Kershaw guys, how often do you have to sharpen, I had one and it seemed like I was putting a edge on it often. maybe it was my poor choice of tool. but the knife is always closer then the tool box

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wear slacks, shirt and tie every day for work, and I HATE stuff in my pockets with slacks cause they print and settle uncomfortable, so I carry a CaseXX Trapper with a clip so it rides nice and tidy in my back pocket. Any other time its a Spyderco Tenacious carried the same way.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I wear slacks, shirt and tie every day for work, and I HATE stuff in my pockets with slacks cause they print and settle uncomfortable, so I carry a CaseXX Trapper with a clip so it rides nice and tidy in my back pocket. Any other time its a Spyderco Tenacious carried the same way.
My G22 prints bad in some clothes but I won't leave home without it lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my job consists of mud/drillin fluids, cutting various different material bags, stripping wire. I like to field clean my ducks and pheasants so its usually the same knife. thanks for the input guys. I checked out those crkt m16 the look good, how long have you had it? handle still tight? does it still lock out crisp?

·
Registered
48 Posts
A plug for Spyderco, they have a zillion different models to suit about any task or chore and I've found them to be at a nice price point until you start getting into the custom designed stuff. My Tenacious was something like 27.00 and has taken a beating and is still tight. A screw backed out on the clip and an email to Spyderco had a new screw set at my door in 3 days.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Yellow lab, I had my first one for about 3 years, never had a problem til it came out in a car at work (I work at a car dealership) the one i have currently I've had about a year and love it, the only thing is sharpening it, if someone that can't sharpen one tries they can't never get ut sharp but if I or someone else that knows how to sharpen a blade well tries it sharpens well and holds an edge well

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm a Spyderco guy. Although I do carry Kershaws when I dress up because of the more compact/slim factor. Most of my Spydercos are bigger but built like tanks. My personal favorite being a Paramilitary 2. I think it is the most versatile for me. As mentioned before there are a zillion diffrent models and you can find one to fit every need. I do suggest spending a little more on one and get one made in the US. The cheaper China ones are ok (and I have a few) but not near what any of the S30V or better bladed knifes are. JMO

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Leatherman Wave with the pocket clip. If your a welder, millwright, pipefitter, mechanic or anyone who works with tools I don't see how you EDC anything other than a quality muti-tool.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts