BowFishing Country banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to run silent at night.

Ok so I know of Seelite....and the adjustable Swamp eye bar....both about $200 for 120/140 watt- pretty expensive.

Is Customfitz still around?

I see some of the light bars for vehicles would work for 12v....but most are 5,000k and I'm looking for 2,000-3,000k a softer white. Is anyone using these? Maybe with a lens?

Is there any Ebay stuff equal to the Vigreums [that I'm using now] but in 12/24v?

Is anyone making their own lights.....$600 for lights is a tad steep.....

Any and all info appreciated.....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody running these 100w or 50w with the Bridgelux chips on Amazon?
100w Amazon lights

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or these Ebay 100w lights for $80?
Ebay

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would really like to run silent at night.

Ok so I know of Seelite....and the adjustable Swamp eye bar....both about $200 for 120/140 watt- pretty expensive.

Is Customfitz still around?

I see some of the light bars for vehicles would work for 12v....but most are 5,000k and I'm looking for 2,000-3,000k a softer white. Is anyone using these? Maybe with a lens?

Is there any Ebay stuff equal to the Vigreums [that I'm using now] but in 12/24v?

Is anyone making their own lights.....$600 for lights is a tad steep.....

Any and all info appreciated.....
Mine are in AC. That 30° beam angle keeps you from waisting all that light shinning up in the sky. By far more efficient than any other LED I've seen on the market. To keep cost down i bought the 200w and rewired to spred out the light. We went way overkill on number of lights. 2x 200w or 3x150w would be my choice for 12v. Any questions hit me up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Mine are in AC. That 30° beam angle keeps you from waisting all that light shinning up in the sky. By far more efficient than any other LED I've seen on the market. To keep cost down i bought the 200w and rewired to spred out the light. We went way overkill on number of lights. 2x 200w or 3x150w would be my choice for 12v. Any questions hit me up.
price wise those are no different in price then ones he has mentioned above

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
i would search out Gary Briggs on you tube he has done a tone of testing on led lighting quality and efficiency. then its just how many battery's do you need to run the time fram you want

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
You probably don't want to go above 50w per light for 12v, anything above that is sucking the juice. Amazon sells the quans 30w lights for 30 dollars a piece. And yes I do believe customfitz is still around...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those look good HoyBoy...and I imagine the focused beam is the way to go......

But I'm looking for 12/24V to run off a couple batteries. Will they make me those in 24v?

I've seen Gary Briggs a couple years ago...he is out my way.....I will check with his youtube site to see what he has done lately.

Anyone else using those Quans? The look pretty generic. I'm looking hard at the focused beam 4wd auto auxiliary lights...but almost all are 6,000k.....harsh white light. Some fog lamps though.....

Thanks to all for chiming in.....

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Honestly your best bet for quality 12/24 lights are lights that custom fitz sells. They are cheaper than your high quality name brands (ie seelight, arrowled..) But you will probably have to wait and the customer service is not great. But everyone who orders through him gets their lights at some point...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly your best bet for quality 12/24 lights are lights that custom fitz sells. They are cheaper than your high quality name brands (ie seelight, arrowled..) But you will probably have to wait and the customer service is not great. But everyone who orders through him gets their lights at some point...
Yeah, I'm coming to that conclusion too...thanks for the info

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would never go with custom fitz. That guy is a liar and a bully. I had 3 months of problems with him for a pair of lights. Will never do business with him again.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Those look good HoyBoy...and I imagine the focused beam is the way to go......

But I'm looking for 12/24V to run off a couple batteries. Will they make me those in 24v?

I've seen Gary Briggs a couple years ago...he is out my way.....I will check with his youtube site to see what he has done lately.

Anyone else using those Quans? The look pretty generic. I'm looking hard at the focused beam 4wd auto auxiliary lights...but almost all are 6,000k.....harsh white light. Some fog lamps though.....

Thanks to all for chiming in.....
Yep he makes them in 12/24v. If you don't mind doing extentions on your wires the 200w model is actually 4 50w units on 1 driver. So a $250 light makes 4 50w lights @ $62.50 a light.
There only downfall is you need to point them down a little. And the back fins are thin so they bend easier than other lights. But it makes them extremely light weight. They are not the best light for everyone but i love mine. He also sells the standard style led for $90 so not a cheap light but reasonable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts