BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I try to put together my boat, I am wondering what your best bowfishing "Hack" might be? What idea, creation did you come up with to make your boat better? From the best way or location to hang your bow, to how you do your lighting. What ever it was. Please share. (If you have pics please post them as well)
I figure each one of us has something they did and thought, "Damn, that was ingenuous!" Well from the basic to the ultra sophisticated, Please share!
Many of us could use the tips!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Hmm....I'd have to say my joystick controlled kicker was my best idea to date. The removable light rails with a gap underneath were pretty slick too, if I may say so myself :D

On the new boat, I love the step ups with integrated speakers, that also have a gap behind em so water doesn't come shooting back in your face when you power wash. I guess along those lines, the raised console and dual washout drains with RECESSED drain plugs are nifty too-all geared towards easy clean up.

That's all I've got to contribute for now...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm....I'd have to say my joystick controlled kicker was my best idea to date. The removable light rails with a gap underneath were pretty slick too, if I may say so myself :D

On the new boat, I love the step ups with integrated speakers, that also have a gap behind em so water doesn't come shooting back in your face when you power wash. I guess along those lines, the raised console and dual washout drains with RECESSED drain plugs are nifty too-all geared towards easy clean up.

That's all I've got to contribute for now...
Well hell and I thought I was fancy because I zip tied a PVC pipe to use as a place to store my extra arrows. Yea, I know many of you do this, but I drilled a hole in the bottom to the water would run out of it!
So you see what level I am at!! :headbang:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I would have to say the time I snapped my kicker steering at the pivot point and took two arrows and put about a roll of electrical tape to hold it together the rest of the night.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
The Hoopty Sexy Stick

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Based up responses at tournaments, I'd say the 18" magnet strips mounted vertically on my light rails. One on left holds new tips and multi-tool, one on right is for used tips that need sharpened. Always handy, always know how many I have.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Mine was the Shoot Thru Rod and the HoleShot rod

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I like my $2 paint roller hand gaff for picking fish out of the bottom of the barrel, also the zip tied foam noodle on my knee rail is nice for leaning against

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
long hay hook from tractor supply, awesome gaff!
Another hack is to wrap the handle with skateboard tape (sticky back sand paper)... I have two.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Pretty slick set up but I made it better with cup holders on the light rails.

On a serious note can't say I've come up with anything great, just good at stealing ideas and buying quality products from the other guys on here

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Pretty slick set up but I made it better with cup holders on the light rails.

On a serious note can't say I've come up with anything great, just good at stealing ideas and buying quality products from the other guys on here
Hell yes-that was one of those things I kept saying I was gonna do but never got around to it. I always set drinks on top of the rail, but they never seemed to stay put very long :laugh:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts