BowFishing Country banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Honda gx620 with a 52" ivo prop 3 blade. And a arrow prop reduction. My question is how do you all find the most push? Max hp is at 3600rpm where as torque is at 2400rpm. Do you go off of rpms? Or just keep adjusting your pitch and gps your boat? Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
Set your pitch to the point that your motor is turning up 34 - 3500 rpm on the trailer on a calm day at WOT. I do this b/c on a windy day, when your pushing into the wind, your motor will gain a lil extra rpm.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was going to put a scale on the boat to gage the static thrust. But the scale broke. So at max pitch I am turning 3100rpm my guess by pulling a rope tyed to the boat was 80lbs. Now set to 3400rps it's more like 150 lbs of thrust. Wish my scale didn't break so I could tweak it more.

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
I think u getting about all that setup has to offer. Doubt you would notice any difference in performance by tweaking it any more.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I turn hard when giving it full power I will take in a little water. It's a 1760 with 25" sides and pods.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My only complaint is the noise. Wonder if something like a powerfin with 5 blades would help? The prop is a lot louder then just the motor without the blades attached.

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
My only complaint is the noise. Wonder if something like a powerfin with 5 blades would help? The prop is a lot louder then just the motor without the blades attached.
Tis the reason I run 6 shorter blades. Still noisy? Yes, but not ear bleeding kinda noise.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone have any idea how much quieter I can make it with a different prop. Just being able to go without ear plugs would be great.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot to say thank you for the advice 3500 rpms did the best for static thrust. Still want to try a different prop some day to see the noise difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts