BowFishing Country banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only fished my local river. Always bring fish home to farm and dispose. I want to do a couple days trip on ky and lake Barkley. How do you handle fish disposal on road trips?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Put person in the boat and chuck one out every couple miles or so.....JK of course

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never tried to cut and sink. Do you have to gut them or just run knife deep enough to hit bladder? Will try this week end on local river run.

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
Never tried to cut and sink. Do you have to gut them or just run knife deep enough to hit bladder? Will try this week end on local river run.
...both,its usually easier just to rip all the guts out to ensure you get the bladder...if you dont get the bladder they will float.Sink em,feeds the cat fish

·
Registered
462 Posts
I just stab the knife into the rib cage (from the side) aligned with the ribs with the cutting edge facing the belly. Then slice out the belly leaving a huge gash. If you hit the air bladder, you should hear a rush of air, sometimes almost a "pop." If you don't, stab a few more times for good measure. You'll probably enjoy it a little anyway.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Yep one guy gaffs out of the barrel, a second guy inserts the knife In the ass and run it up and chuck. Maybe one out of 10 float and we gotta grab a second time and stab a few more times.

I don't like just stabbing because as they decompose gas can still build up and float the fish back up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts