BowFishing Country banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is or would be your Bowfishing Mecca?
The place you just have to go to at some point in your life?
Where and to bowfish what?

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
The Amazon river..........

Or like to fish Southern LA and the dams at Barkley/Kentucky lake

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
The Amazon river..........

Or like to fish Southern LA and the dams at Barkley/Kentucky lake
I have to agree with Garp. The Amazon is where it's at. I've seen every episode of River Monsters and the quantity of gigantic fish there is amazing.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
It would be awesome to go shoot a gator gar or a ray if I were to go some place else but I'd just like to hit the carp spawn just right here saginaw bay and get into the kind of shooting where you can get a 2000 pounds during the day like what wins the GLBC every year

·
Registered
48 Posts
Alligator,

Most everything else I can get too if I put in the effort or went back home to Texas. I'd think alligator is a whole nother league....

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
It would be awesome to go shoot a gator gar or a ray if I were to go some place else but I'd just like to hit the carp spawn just right here saginaw bay and get into the kind of shooting where you can get a 2000 pounds during the day like what wins the GLBC every year
Can do the Ray deal for ya..... Still have an invite, Memorial Day weekend to end of June is peak time, just get on that Huffy and pedal yourself out here ( or gas up the Jeep if think your legs will get tired)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Great Barrier Reef in Australia, and the big rivers in South America, Amazon, Orinoco.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
seen 6 gar last night at less 6-7 feet long gigged a 3 foot gar 3 weeks ago while i was floundering with a 5 prong gig it was all i could handle

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Can do the Ray deal for ya..... Still have an invite, Memorial Day weekend to end of June is peak time, just get on that Huffy and pedal yourself out here ( or gas up the Jeep if think your legs will get tired)
Thanks garp at some point I'll take you up on that and let me know if you ever get up to Saginaw bay

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
Found a spot that the GG been hiding out. Have a couple gooduns in there too!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
There are a lot of places I'd like to go. Southern LA (I was born in Pineville), Southern FL would be nice too. But if it's going to be a trip of a lifetime it would have to be the Amazon.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
A weekend on Allens boat in southern Louisiana is on my to do list for sure. Gotta get me one of them gatah gah.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts