BowFishing Country banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing my second boat. First one was just a 16ft v hull bass fishing boat. I will be removing the lights and building a deck with hps etc...

Mind you i'm up in MN and it seems that there isn't much options for jon boats right now. 01717_9v4jqqo3mWI_600x450.jpg 00m0m_iR34vZpv2AC_600x450.jpg 00i0i_cdTp4m7mxDp_600x450.jpg 00909_5Zw6OOoJl2v_600x450.jpg

I have an 18' bowfishing and recreation rig for sale. Boat is a 90's PolarKraft and is 7' wide in the middle. Motor is a 1985 Johnson 140 hp. Extremely steady boat in the water. Unit has 8 500 watt halgons all wired and working. Trolling motor is 36V 101lb thrust MinnKota hand control with 3 newer batteries. Boat and trailer were both professionally painted and wired in 2014

·
Registered
347 Posts
My guess would be 8000-10000. Definitely no expert on boat value though. Would defininatley take the carpet out if you get it!! Plenty of motor on there too. Looks like a great boat. Could even rig up a kicker for it!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I think A linders fairly close. Probably get more money out of it in the spring. That hull has some pretty good potential though!
Before you decide to sell it you ever think about Putting a nice flush or slightly raised deck on it and keeping it?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think A linders fairly close. Probably get more money out of it in the spring. That hull has some pretty good potential though!
Before you decide to sell it you ever think about Putting a nice flush or slightly raised deck on it and keeping it?
He's actually looking at buying it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy wants whats in my price range but everything including the floor is plywood and i'm not sure if I want to rip up absolutely everything and lay down aluminum. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
599 Posts
The guy wants whats in my price range but everything including the floor is plywood and i'm not sure if I want to rip up absolutely everything and lay down aluminum. What are your thoughts?
laying down aluminum would be ideal. But its not like you absolutely have to do it.

3/4" plywood weighs just under 70 lbs looks like
.125 aluminum right around 56 lbs

so that is 2.1875 lbs per square foot on ply
and 1.75 lbs on aluminum

so lets just say your boat is a 1672 ??

so under those circumstances you would be shaving 42 lbs off the boat.

If money is no issue i would say do it. But if it is, i'd worry more about my 1 - Generator 2- Trolling motor/kicker 3 - quality lights

Obviously if its rotted out you probably want to get rid of it.

·
Registered
599 Posts
funny he has those trim tabs and a whale tail on that thing. You would think that thing would pop right out of the water in a heart beat without that stuff.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Either way this is a quality upgrade from what I have. I already have a quality generator and I will be making some 400w housings for it. It also comes with a 101lb thrust which is hopefully in good condition that should be more than enough for it. I have a tig for side projects so aluminum wouldn't be an issue. I'm just not sure I dig all the carpet. I hope hes not on here but I talked him down to 5250 without his lights and bars.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I'd get rid of the trim tabs. They will more than likely get ripped off anyway. Around here they would last 30mins. 3-4000 would be my guess.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Lol. They must be.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Damn, boats must be cheap in your area. Can't find a 1648 in my area in decent condition for 3-4k
I went and looked at this boat. They guys seems pretty meticulous and also seems to be a "good" guy. There is very little carpet in it. The grey is an epoxy that was mixed with some sand to give it a solid grip when wet. I liked the boat, for me is was a bit heavy, the lighting was not great, but I loved the tunnel and openness to the boat. Good luck if you get it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts