BowFishing Country banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, so I'm recently new to bowfishing and I introduced my 2 cousins to it a couple months ago. Well we got our rigs set up and went to a creek behind one of their houses and had a blast! Even landed a 12lb common! Well here is our problem. That was all back in April and due to work I haven't been able to go out again and the bow setup my cousins were sharing broke because one of them is for lack of a better word...a doofus...so we got him a replacement bow last weekend and went out again but huge issue...no fish!!!! No where...of course the grass has grower up and the algea and creek weeds have grown up but no carp...little catfish and bass but no carp...at all...we scoured the creek bed all night anx found nothing...so my question is where did they go? Upstream? downstream? Deeper water? They were everywhere a few months ago now they are gone...any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
When water gets warm they head for deeper water. Every water body is different tho my local river is good till July or so with plenty of 20-70 carp nights but come the dog days of summer we are lucky to get 10 carp. But we have lakes thar produce all summer long

·
Registered
113 Posts
Agreed with Delaware... Would add it depends on your location. Sounds like you caught them spawning and saw non stop action and now they're done, it's gotten warmer, and they've headed deep. Where I'm at the spawn has not started yet but it's right around the corner. I had this same problem when I first started because the first time I ever went was during the spawn and just assumed it would be that good every time I went out (I wish!). Creeks/rivers at least for me are always on. Lakes are hit or miss after the spawn wraps up

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Or you may have hit the spawn or a magical fish orgy. Were the females all full of eggs when shot them in April ????? We have a spot like that where literally will see thousands of carp that pack into one area to spawn, kinda like an annual pilgrimage to "Burning Man" or Meccah for fish, but rest of time nada, your creek might be one of those special places and bet are a "few" still there but not the numbers you saw in spring likely during the spawn....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts