BowFishing Country banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've just about had it with HPS lights. It seems every time we go out we either have a bulb go out, or a ballast. Saturday we had a ballast that would turn itself on and off about every 1 to 2 minutes so by the time it started warming up, it died again.

I started looking at LEDs yesterday and have found 3 that seem pretty interesting.

Southern Lite LED has a 220 watt for $350 ea. that they claim puts out more light then a 1,000w HPS. They don't list a color, but I assume similar to HPS since that's what they compare them to. They also don't list lumen output.

Seelite has a 210 watt for $300 ea. that claim 21,000 lumens and a color temp of 2,200k.

Amazon has a Viugreum 250 watt for $206 ea. that claims 25,000 lumens and 2,800 to 3,000k color temp, so probably more similar to halogen.

Has anyone tried any of these or, better yet, been able to compare them? If so, what are your thoughts? Are they worth the extra cost over the 100-160 watt versions?

The boat started life many years ago with 6-500 watt halogens. Then a few years ago, I decided I wanted to add a power supply for the troller to stay out longer and switched to 4-400 HPS. I have a 3,500 watt Predator generator which works good but gets overloaded if I turn the troller full throttle for more then just a little bit. my thought is that if I can stay below about 1,200 to 1,300 watts of light, I'd have all the power I need.

Thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 8 of the Seelite 210s and they seem to work pretty well. Only thing I really have to compare them to is the 50w Seelites. Have a 4K PowerMax generator that pushes all 8 lights and a 50 amp 24v PowerMax convertor hooked to my troller batteries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts