BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I manage to spend the same amount of money(all of it), on goose hunting, as I do on bowfishing. I'm excited for the season to start though. IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0273.JPG

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking to 'Crafty' on hear about, about how i kinda slow down with bowfishing as the summer goes on. He looks down on me now for it! but it is what it is. I get tired of fixing my boat.
You guys have taught me to embrace bowfishing for what it is - fixing $hit! But i need a little break from it every fall. :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Spend just as much on hunting as I do bowfishing it seems. Keep telling myself im not gona get more dekes but then im like oh look that's a good deal and buy more! We still bowfish but do slow down some. Gets tough bowfishing when its getting freezing and below very night. Can handle a couple nights but it wears on ya.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spend just as much on hunting as I do bowfishing it seems. Keep telling myself im not gona get more dekes but then im like oh look that's a good deal and buy more! We still bowfish but do slow down some. Gets tough bowfishing when its getting freezing and below very night. Can handle a couple nights but it wears on ya.
yep! "Next year i'm going to save all my money for bowfishing i don't need anymore deeks" Always a nice thought until september rolls around.

I always get a laugh out of the highschool/college kids though. They sell their boat to buy deeks, then they sell their deeks cheap to buy a fish house, then they sell their fish house for cheap in the spring to buy another boat.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If I wasn't in college right now all I gotta say is that I would have one hell of a spread and a couple Oneidas lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Kites. Kites are the biggest money pit ever. I've not seen any sports equipment lose resale as fast as my kites do... But going 20-30mph 2" off the ground is far to fun to give up. Not to mention no need of a boat to wakeboard

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Been looking at getting me another car, had my GTO and Firebird that sold 20+ hrs ago and looking at doing another one but looking at something cheaper and more affordable. Looking at mid 80's Monte Carlo/ G body that can get a lot of parts for and can get one in good shape fairly cheap and still qualify for historic tags...twin turbo stroked Smallblock would be sweet...

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Trapping, hunting in general since I try my best to chase everything that moves my but ducks and bowhunting cost me the most, my constant tinkering, and a buddy and I are getting lawn equipment together to start a lawn care company next summer.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Trapping, hunting in general since I try my best to chase everything that moves my but ducks and bowhunting cost me the most, my constant tinkering, and a buddy and I are getting lawn equipment together to start a lawn care company next summer.
I like the way you are thinking Chance. Mowing lawns is how I got my start.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
You say you chase everything that moves :cf::cf: ?????
Chance,Chance,Chance.......feel like Foghorn Leghorn
image.jpg

Then don't vote for Trump, you may need to hire some mexicans

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Bow hunting for sure, always seems like I'm buying some new camo, tree stand, feeders, bait, tags, new bow every 2 or 3 years plus I like hunting out of state. This year I'll be busy with our first ever 6 day bear archery season in new jersey. That will be October 10-15th, then headed to maryland to hunt sika stags October 26th-28th then out to Ohio hunting giant whitetail the 2nd week of November.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Bow hunting for sure, always seems like I'm buying some new camo, tree stand, feeders, bait, tags, new bow every 2 or 3 years plus I like hunting out of state. This year I'll be busy with our first ever 6 day bear archery season in new jersey. That will be October 10-15th, then headed to maryland to hunt sika stags October 26th-28th then out to Ohio hunting giant whitetail the 2nd week of November.
You doing guided Sika hunt ???? Assateague or Blackwater/Dorchester county area ???? And make sure you bring Orange your sika dates coinside with MD antlerless early muzzleloader season and need orange while bowhunting...

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
You doing guided Sika hunt ???? Assateague or Blackwater/Dorchester county area ???? And make sure you bring Orange your sika dates coinside with MD antlerless early muzzleloader season and need orange while bowhunting...
Outfitter, two of the guys girlfriends got them the trip as a gift and with how cheap the hunts are figured it would make sense to go with an outfitter. Thanks for the reminder

1 - 20 of 39 Posts